+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approval of Spousal Open Work Permit and Post Graduate Work Permit at the same time

Nwamaka

Star Member
May 28, 2021
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa.
App. Filed.......
May 12
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide an insightful answer to my question. I do not take your kindness for granted. I am a student in Canada, along with my spouse, who has an open work permit. I will graduate this month and need to apply for the PGWP. However, I have heard that I have to provide a 3-month payslip or get a job offer before my spouse, OWP, can be approved. How true is this? I plan to submit an application for my PGWP and his SOWP at the same time. Will they reject his application if I don't have a job offer or a 3-month payslip? Please let me know if there is evidence for this condition. Please direct me to it.

Thank you.

hazzaman2023

May 21, 2023
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide an insightful answer to my question. I do not take your kindness for granted. I am a student in Canada, along with my spouse, who has an open work permit. I will graduate this month and need to apply for the PGWP. However, I have heard that I have to provide a 3-month payslip or get a job offer before my spouse, OWP, can be approved. How true is this? I plan to submit an application for my PGWP and his SOWP at the same time. Will they reject his application if I don't have a job offer or a 3-month payslip? Please let me know if there is evidence for this condition. Please direct me to it.

Thank you.
You need to prove that you have a job in TEER 1-5 before submitting your spouses application. Primarily, you need an employment letter and 3 payslip to prove this. If you don't have a job yet, I'll advise that you submit your own application only after you complete your studies so you can continue looking for job and then you apply for your spouse before his current permit expires.