+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approval in Principle Letter (Nigerian Applicant)

Literarymathy

Star Member
Feb 8, 2020
I just got my approval in principle letter today. I was asked to do my medicals and I have but the result has not been uploaded yet. I have not done biometrics too.

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
I just got my approval in principle letter today. I was asked to do my medicals and I have but the result has not been uploaded yet. I have not done biometrics too.
Congartssssss buddyyy
Plz your time line and sds or non sds? Paper or online app?

Literarymathy

Star Member
Feb 8, 2020
Congratulations! Kindly share your complete profile as well as score of English proficiency test.

Thanks!!
I am going for a PhD. Submitted the following:
CAQ
SoA
Full funding letter
LoA
IELTS not required for Nigerian applicants
S.O.P. and supporting documents such as CV, certificates/transcripts, employment and leave letters

I submitted on the 16th of May and got a medical request last week. I did the medical just two days before AIP letter came but the medical result has not been uploaded yet.

Tresh

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
CAQ
SoA
Full funding letter
LoA
S.O.P. and supporting documents such as CV, certificates/transcripts, employment and leave letters

I submitted on the 16th of May and got a medical request last week. I did the medical just two days before AIP letter came but the medical result has not been uploaded yet.
Congrats!!!
So with your full funding, you didn't submit proof of fund?

For the leave letter, is it a must to show it? My coy said the wont issue leave letter yet until they confirm my visa approval because issuing leave letter goes with leave allowance?

Imported

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Hi,
Congratulations.
Can you kindly share how the approval-in-principle letter looks like. I got a letter this morning but i am unsure of what it stands for.

moha87a

Star Member
Apr 15, 2020
CAQ
SoA
Full funding letter
LoA

Congratulations

Main also for PhD with fully-funded scholarship
And I add bank statements/ ielts not required as I have MSc from UK.. with all other required documents??

Applied since February complete package with my family..

Literarymathy

Star Member
Feb 8, 2020
Congrats!!!

For the leave letter, is it a must to show it? My coy said the wont issue leave letter yet until they confirm my visa approval because issuing leave letter goes with leave allowance?

I submitted my bank statements but my funding letter was my proof of funds.

Leave letter is not compulsory. If you have it, submit it. If not, don't bother.

Literarymathy

Star Member
Feb 8, 2020
Hi,
Congratulations.
Can you kindly share how the approval-in-principle letter looks like. I got a letter this morning but i am unsure of what it stands for.

Hello, While the COVID-19 pandemic has presented a number of challenges world-wide, Canada’s whole-of-government approach is aimed at protecting the health of Canadians while minimizing the economic and social impact of restrictions. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada has implemented a temporary two-stage process to provide an update to international students who have not yet been able to provide all the required documents or information needed to have their application fully assessed in time for the fall semester. You are receiving this notification as an officer has reviewed the information and documents you provided to support your study permit application. Based on this preliminary eligibility assessment, your application has advanced to the next stage of processing. Additional information and documentation may be required in order to continue processing your application. If we previously requested that you complete biometrics and/or a medical examination and submit a police certificate, please do so as soon as you are able to. If you have not received a request from us for additional information or documents, please await further instructions. Once we have received all requested information and documents, we will complete our assessment of your application and we will inform you of the final decision (approved or refused) made on your application. While you await a final decision on your application you may commence your studies online. If you are a representative who has received this notification, please ensure to advise your client(s) of this important information. Thank you, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Literarymathy

Star Member
Feb 8, 2020
Congratulations

Main also for PhD with fully-funded scholarship
And I add bank statements/ ielts not required as I have MSc from UK.. with all other required documents??

Applied since February complete package with my family..

You should raise a webform immediately.

Laseun

May 28, 2020
Congrats!!!

They can write you a letter showing that they are willing to grant you study leave and you have your job once you are done studying in Canada and back to your country.

Tresh

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
They can write you a letter showing that they are willing to grant you study leave and you have your job once you are done studying in Canada and back to your country.
Thanks Laseun. let me proceed with that right away

Just_J

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
Congratz to you. Did you apply online or paper-based application?