+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approval delay

Maleek0007

Star Member
May 17, 2019
Please can anyone help me with some information,me and my sister submitted our biometrics on January,for visiting visa,and after we got an email with the tracking code,it has not been able to track and we have not gotten any information or email from immigration or the embassy,right now I'm so nervous I don't know what is happening.thanks

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Yes I applied through vfs
The tracking number you got - which should start like "20190510........" is a VFS tracking number. They update their system with where your passport is. If you can't track with it, you need to contact VFS.

If, on the other hand, you got a V346346... kind of number, that's your application number, and you could theoretically link it via GCKey to your application and see its status with IRCC.

Maleek0007

Star Member
May 17, 2019
It was applied at Canada,but can I get emails when decision is made without tracking it?is it possible to get an email if decision is made

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
It was applied at Canada,but can I get emails when decision is made without tracking it?is it possible to get an email if decision is made
I don't quite know what you mean when you say "it was applied at Canada."

If you have an email address on file, you'll receive email updates - but you should have received an update that said that your submission had been received. If you don't, and VFS does not attach emails to applications always, then you will not get email updates.

Cjay23

May 21, 2019
The tracking number you got - which should start like "20190510........" is a VFS tracking number. They update their system with where your passport is. If you can't track with it, you need to contact VFS.

If, on the other hand, you got a V346346... kind of number, that's your application number, and you could theoretically link it via GCKey to your application and see its status with IRCC.
I have recieved my tracking number and it starts with 2019... how long would it take to get a feedback I submitted on the 2May... currently in Nigeria

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You'll want to check Canadian visa processing times on the IRCC website. It's an easy search via Google, and then you can see the average.

Expect delays from Nigeria.

Cjay23

May 21, 2019
You'll want to check Canadian visa processing times on the IRCC website. It's an easy search via Google, and then you can see the average.

Expect delays from Nigeria.
A friend of mine got his after 3weeks... I'm on my 3rd week of processing still nothing though

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
A friend of mine got his after 3weeks... I'm on my 3rd week of processing still nothing though
The thing is - friends' processing times don't mean anything, other than telling you how long your friend's application took. If you applied in Canada with a Cameroon residence address, it may complicate your account and make it take longer. If you applied in Canada, told them you were resident in Canada, and then did biometrics in Cameroon, it may complicate your account.

You'll need to ask your brother what the status is in GCkey (unless you have access) and figure out what IRCC says the status of the application is. Beyond that, you wait.

Cjay23

May 21, 2019
The thing is - friends' processing times don't mean anything, other than telling you how long your friend's application took. If you applied in Canada with a Cameroon residence address, it may complicate your account and make it take longer. If you applied in Canada, told them you were resident in Canada, and then did biometrics in Cameroon, it may complicate your account.

You'll need to ask your brother what the status is in GCkey (unless you have access) and figure out what IRCC says the status of the application is. Beyond that, you wait.
I'm not the cameroonian guy... I'm the Nigerian