+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approval Chances of LMIA

iaq07

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Hi

I am in Canada on visitor visa . I came here end of October 2016. Now my question is Can i change my visa into work permit as i have an employer who is willing to sponsor me and he has already filed for LMIA. I need to ask chances of work permit approval when you are on visit visa. I think the file will go outside Canada for processing like L.A. so i have to apply from outside Canada. Seniors please reply.Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
iaq07 said:
Hi

I am in Canada on visitor visa . I came here end of October 2016. Now my question is Can i change my visa into work permit as i have an employer who is willing to sponsor me and he has already filed for LMIA. I need to ask chances of work permit approval when you are on visit visa. I think the file will go outside Canada for processing like L.A. so i have to apply from outside Canada. Seniors please reply.Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards
Visa and Work permit are different, Visa is required to enter the country whereas your work permit gives you permission to work. Let your employer get LMIA and file Work permt, you should be good. If you are out of Canada then Once you get WP you should be able to apply for TRV (Temporary resident Visa) to enter Canada.

iaq07

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
The param said:
are you applying LMIA in Alberta or Saskatchewan ?

DID you apply visitor from india?
Hi
i am applying LMIA In alberta but i believe once my employer gets positive LMIA on my name. I will have to go at POE for visa stamping i.e outside canada because i have multiple visa and i am on valid visitor visa at the moment. Please correct me if i am wrong. I applied my visit visa from Pakistan

iaq07

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
thinkshady said:
Visa and Work permit are different, Visa is required to enter the country whereas your work permit gives you permission to work. Let your employer get LMIA and file Work permt, you should be good. If you are out of Canada then Once you get WP you should be able to apply for TRV (Temporary resident Visa) to enter Canada.
thanks for help thinkshady

iaq07

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
hi

today my employer received positive LMIA on my name. Can anybody tell me is it possible for me to stamp my work permit at the border?

reply is highly appreciated

Vjkumar822

Jul 24, 2017
hi

today my employer received positive LMIA on my name. Can anybody tell me is it possible for me to stamp my work permit at the border?

reply is highly appreciated
Hello bro you receive your work permit.
I am also waiting my work permit visa as food supervisor from canadian embassy abu dhabi,but till now no any update.I apply online on 18 april 2017.till now shows in process.please contact me on my whatsapp +971561629548
Thanks
Vijay