+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Appropriate NOC Code - Visa Assistant at an embassy

seekthelight

Oct 4, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am new to all regarding Immigration to Canada.
I have a question about the appropriate NOC for a summer Job I had at British Embassy in Beijing as an Entry Clearance Assistant (Visa assistant).
I have been having a hard time finding the right NOC.
Here is my Job description, it would be great if someone with more experience could help me out. Thanks.
Also, I am wondering if I could just let this work experience go - not mentioning it in my EE Profile. As the Job I had is really hard to find the NOC... and it lasted only for 4.5 months.
Thanks guys. Waiting for your help and guidance.

Entry Clearance Assistant April – August 2016

UK Visas & Immigration, British Embassy Beijing, CHINA

Worked across the Visa Section, primarily within the following two teams:

The Post-Decision and Enrichment Unit

- To perform verification of forged/counterfeit documentation and investigation of applicant’s employment

- To provide post-decision service to customers: endorsement errors, missing documents…

- To conduct enquiries with applicants to provide evidence of their travelling motifs to visa officers and make appropriate recommendations for decision

- To arrange visa interviews

- To request and manage receipt of additional supporting evidence

- To provide translation support to the operation

The Visa Operational Support Unit

- To assist the wider visa section in the efficient processing of visa applications

sorelconsty

Aug 8, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am new to all regarding Immigration to Canada.
I have a question about the appropriate NOC for a summer Job I had at British Embassy in Beijing as an Entry Clearance Assistant (Visa assistant).
I have been having a hard time finding the right NOC.
Here is my Job description, it would be great if someone with more experience could help me out. Thanks.
Also, I am wondering if I could just let this work experience go - not mentioning it in my EE Profile. As the Job I had is really hard to find the NOC... and it lasted only for 4.5 months.
Thanks guys. Waiting for your help and guidance.

Entry Clearance Assistant April – August 2016

UK Visas & Immigration, British Embassy Beijing, CHINA

Worked across the Visa Section, primarily within the following two teams:

The Post-Decision and Enrichment Unit

- To perform verification of forged/counterfeit documentation and investigation of applicant’s employment

- To provide post-decision service to customers: endorsement errors, missing documents…

- To conduct enquiries with applicants to provide evidence of their travelling motifs to visa officers and make appropriate recommendations for decision

- To arrange visa interviews

- To request and manage receipt of additional supporting evidence

- To provide translation support to the operation

The Visa Operational Support Unit

- To assist the wider visa section in the efficient processing of visa applications

In my understanding your noc is close to administrative assistant.

Pease I want to know which type of question the ambassy can ask to my bank about my bank statement.
and which informations ambassy can not ask to my bank.
Thanks

sorelconsty

Aug 8, 2017
If without this work experience your crs score can reach 440 it is better to remove it in work history and put it in personal history. In personnal history you don't need to provide no justification.

seekthelight

Oct 4, 2017
If without this work experience your crs score can reach 440 it is better to remove it in work history and put it in personal history. In personnal history you don't need to provide no justification.
Thanks.
Unfortunately, my score will not reach 440 without this work experience.
So I put it in EE Profile anyways, and just got an ITA yesterday...
I have been worried that if Immigration officer find that the NOC I put for this Job, which was 1228 (Employment insurance, immigration, border services and revenue officers), does not match my job description...
I decided to go with 1228 because of this post: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/possible-noc-code-rejection.136397/#post-2109710
But it is an old post...

seekthelight

Oct 4, 2017
In my understanding your noc is close to administrative assistant.

Pease I want to know which type of question the ambassy can ask to my bank about my bank statement.
and which informations ambassy can not ask to my bank.
Thanks
It would not be appropriate for me to give out too much info. But I think embassy will ask what they would like to know, or the info where they have concerns, regarding what they cannot ask, depends on your bank - embassy will try to ask their questions, but if the bank refuses to answer, that's another stories. But as Long as your bank statements are genuine, there is nothing to worry about.

seekthelight

Oct 4, 2017
Or maybe I can wait till my other work experience reach 36 months, and then delete this 4-month experience my EE. Is that doable? I mean my EE ITA will not expire before my other work experience reach 3 years accumulated.