+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Appropriate NOC Code for Operational Risk Professional

Mar 22, 2019
You can see below few JDs and get an idea how to make it your job description letter. I used the title Senior Operational Risk Analyst and NOC code was 1114.

• Developing & Implementing Operational Risk Management (ORM) Framework and Operational Risk Strategy of the Bank including objectives, appetite and tolerance limits to ensure compliance of the bank with Regulatory guidelines.
• Evaluating and assessing the institutions’ risk assessment/management framework (IRAF) and the risk management practices.
• Reviewing audit Reports for regulatory gap analysis and monitoring the efficacy of corrective action plan.
• Conducting bank-wide Risk & Control Self Assessment (RCSA) Workshops for business and support Units for identifying their inherent risks, their related controls for residual risk assessment and developing Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) and further rolling it out to business/support units for reporting.

Try to use the main words of NOC 1114 like our field is related to financial examiners kind of role in NOC 1114 so try to use the words like they are given in that role. You can keep the same title as i did or you can make financial examiner if your supervisor is agreeing to make a sign on it as in my case which was not possible so i used the senior operational risk analyst title. Also you can make lead statement of your role at the top of experience letter which should also be somehow related to the NOC you choose. they would compare your JDs and NOC and if main words and purpose/ role is almost same then your case shall be selected.

All the best dear
Hi Guys,

I am facing a similar problem. I worked as an associate manager in the governance, risk and control department in SCB pakistan and can't find a NOC for my job. Can someone please please help? How did you guys solve this problem? My bank is not willing to tweak the duties in the reference letter to match the NOC and neither is my supervisor ready to change the duties. Please help guys this is urgent. Would really appreciate your help.

Jaybk

May 28, 2019
Hi,

I am currently a banker and am working for Standard Chartered Bank; an international bank with British Origin. I am working here for the last 7 years and am working at the Country Operational Risk division as “Senior Manager, Country Operational Risk”. I would like to apply for the Express Entry for Canada Immigration and am facing some challenges to identify which NOC code is most appropriate for me.

I am not quite sure which NOC Code will be most appropriate for me. For ready reference, I am jotting down my roles and responsibilities below:

• Managing Operational Risk governance structure and management across all businesses and functions of Standard Chartered Bank Bangladesh, through implementation of Risk Management Framework through usage of enhanced tools for enhance risk mitigation and vigilance, synergizing business growth.
• Focused roles to oversee the Operational Risk aspects starting from risk identification, risk assessment, risk reporting and risk monitoring.
• Assist the Country Head of Operational Risk in planning and implementing Basel II framework.
• Contribute to raising operational risk awareness and culture throughout the Bank and the business lines and provide guidelines to business units in enabling them to identify risks and develop necessary controls and processes to manage those risks.
• Preserve database of business processes, risks, controls, mitigation measures and historical losses (internal/external) on a Bank-wide basis.
• Promotes in the design, implementation, evaluation and reporting of:
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and tolerance levels.
- Risk Control Self Assessment Process.
- Control Incident and Operational Loss Collation Processes.
• Assist in designing, implementing, assessing and enhancing of operational risk systems.
• Accomplish operational risk assessment review of new products, new or changed activities, processes and systems under the direction/guidance of Head of Risk Management.
• Review, analyze, enhance and update policies, procedures and processes for managing IT Security and operational risk in all of the bank’s material products, activities, processes and systems.
• Maintains abreast with developments in the market, regulatory environment for operational risk management in banking and financial services industries (Basel committee, FSA, BBA, etc.)

It would be great if any of the members here, who might have faced similar problems could give me some advice in this regard

Thanking you in advance for your kind response. :)
Please sir, what did you use eventually?

Jaybk

May 28, 2019
Hi Guys,

I am facing a similar problem. I worked as an associate manager in the governance, risk and control department in SCB pakistan and can't find a NOC for my job. Can someone please please help? How did you guys solve this problem? My bank is not willing to tweak the duties in the reference letter to match the NOC and neither is my supervisor ready to change the duties. Please help guys this is urgent. Would really appreciate your help.
Please let me know your choice that I can be guide adequately.

Jaybk

May 28, 2019
Hi !

I hope you can help me. I also have a job description in risk management. Did u choose 1114 for your profile ? Did it eventually approve ? Thank you so much ! Please help!
Please, I also need help in this regard. I’m facing similar challenges

Jaybk

May 28, 2019
Hello phoenix1985, I saw this post from you and I wanted to ask what NOC code you eventually settled with. I am also an operational Risk analyst in a bank, but I have difficulty deciding on which NOC to choose. I have worked in various risk management positions in the last 4 years but i have been in Ops risk unit for almost 2 years of that 4 years. If that experience is not sufficient, can I go with the option of searching for an NOC for funds tranfser officer in a bank which is what I was for 4 years since 2008 before delving into the world of risk management in 2013? Thank you.
Hello people, please what did you use eventually?

Jaybk

May 28, 2019
Hi,

I am currently a banker and am working for Standard Chartered Bank; an international bank with British Origin. I am working here for the last 7 years and am working at the Country Operational Risk division as “Senior Manager, Country Operational Risk”. I would like to apply for the Express Entry for Canada Immigration and am facing some challenges to identify which NOC code is most appropriate for me.

I am not quite sure which NOC Code will be most appropriate for me. For ready reference, I am jotting down my roles and responsibilities below:

• Managing Operational Risk governance structure and management across all businesses and functions of Standard Chartered Bank Bangladesh, through implementation of Risk Management Framework through usage of enhanced tools for enhance risk mitigation and vigilance, synergizing business growth.
• Focused roles to oversee the Operational Risk aspects starting from risk identification, risk assessment, risk reporting and risk monitoring.
• Assist the Country Head of Operational Risk in planning and implementing Basel II framework.
• Contribute to raising operational risk awareness and culture throughout the Bank and the business lines and provide guidelines to business units in enabling them to identify risks and develop necessary controls and processes to manage those risks.
• Preserve database of business processes, risks, controls, mitigation measures and historical losses (internal/external) on a Bank-wide basis.
• Assist in designing, implementing, assessing and enhancing of operational risk systems.
• Accomplish operational risk assessment review of new products, new or changed activities, processes and systems under the direction/guidance of Head of Risk Management.
• Review, analyze, enhance and update policies, procedures and processes for managing IT Security and operational risk in all of the bank’s material products, activities, processes and systems.
• Maintains abreast with developments in the market, regulatory environment for operational risk management in banking and financial services industries (Basel committee, FSA, BBA, etc.)

It would be great if any of the members here, who might have faced similar problems could give me some advice in this regard

Please, what did you use eventually

San59

Jan 26, 2020
My job title was senior operational risk analyst and one thing wana tell you that they dont focus on job titles, what they want that noc should match your job descriptions so use the terminologies as it is given in NOC. Further my application has been approved and reached at the medical stage. All the best dear
Can you tell me what NOC you chose as mine was the same profile

govindkori

Feb 22, 2020
Hi,

I am currently a banker and am working for Standard Chartered Bank; an international bank with British Origin. I am working here for the last 7 years and am working at the Country Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire Operational Risk division as “Senior Manager, Country Operational Risk”. I would like to apply for the Express Entry for Canada Immigration and am facing some challenges to identify which NOC code is most appropriate for me.

I saw this post from you and I wanted to ask what NOC code you eventually settled with. I am also an operational Risk analyst in a bank, but I have difficulty deciding on which NOC to choose. I have worked in various risk management positions in the last 4 years but i have been in Ops risk unit for almost 2 years of that 4 years.

Last edited:

SRIL1705

Feb 19, 2021
I work as risk & control analyst in one insurance firm. Which NOC code would be most suitable for my role. I am confused among 1122 and 1114. Since 1114 focus more on banking domain. Shall I go ahead with 1122. Please advise guys.

ayazay

Oct 30, 2019
NOC Code......
I work as risk & control analyst in one insurance firm. Which NOC code would be most suitable for my role. I am confused among 1122 and 1114. Since 1114 focus more on banking domain. Shall I go ahead with 1122. Please advise guys.
I'm an Operational Risk Analyst, and I went with 1114 (other financial officers). Yes, it's a bit difficult to 'justify' the title but for risk personnel from banking/insurance, choosing 1114 is the way to go (in my opinion, of course).