+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying Work permit while PR application

ycharan

Jul 29, 2016
Hi,

I got a job offer from Quebec(Montreal) and my company had applied for work permit through a lawyer on behalf of me.
Application is in processing time.
Now I had a doubt.. I have applied for PR under FSWP last year August and the application is pending..

Will this PR application cause any conflict for my work permit application?
Or Both can process parallely?
Or shall I withdraw my PR application.

That job offer is very important.. I can apply to PR later on if I want. But I don't want to miss work permit.

Please help me..
Thanks in advance..

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

No, the PR app won't cause any conflict for your work permit app and there is no need to withdraw.

ycharan

Jul 29, 2016
Thank you for the help.

What will be the process after work permit is approved?
How long it will take for visa?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I got a job offer from Quebec(Montreal) and my company had applied for work permit through a lawyer on behalf of me.
Application is in processing time.
Now I had a doubt.. I have applied for PR under FSWP last year August and the application is pending..

That job offer is very important.. I can apply to PR later on if I want. But I don't want to miss work permit.

Please help me..
Thanks in advance..
Yes - there may be a conflict - however if it impacts anything, it will impact the PR application (it won't impact the work permit). The FSW program is meant for people who plan to live outside of the province of Quebec. Having a job offer in Quebec demonstrates the opposite.

You should have no issues getting the work permit approved. However when it comes to PR, CIC may refused to approve your application until you demonstrate that you plan to settle outside of the province of Quebec (either by moving outside of the province or securing a job offer outside of Quebec).

We have seen a number of FSW applications refused on this forum for applicants living in Quebec.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes - there may be a conflict - however if it impacts anything, it will impact the PR application (it won't impact the work permit). The FSW program is meant for people who plan to live outside of the province of Quebec. Having a job offer in Quebec demonstrates the opposite.

You should have no issues getting the work permit approved. However when it comes to PR, CIC may refused to approve your application until you demonstrate that you plan to settle outside of the province of Quebec (either by moving outside of the province or securing a job offer outside of Quebec).

We have seen a number of FSW applications refused on this forum for applicants living in Quebec.
Good catch, didn't even notice that the job offer was in Quebec.

ycharan

Jul 29, 2016

Oh ok. Thank you I got clarity.
And I got more imp info than what I am expecting about Quebec VS FSW Program.
Thank you for the info...