+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

applying with child on autism spectrum

egyy

Nov 14, 2016
Hi,
There have been a few threads on this topic on the forum but not much follow up on the eventual outcome of the cases. I was wondering

1. What percentage of these applications get rejected, even after providing the fairness letter and showing that the dependent child's autism is mild.

2. If you declare that the child will not use any public resources (therapy and public schooling), how much more likely would the application be approved?

In our case, the autism diagnosis was done privately in Canada since we are currently here on work permit.

Does anyone have updates or knowledge on this? Thanks!!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
egyy said:
Hi,
There have been a few threads on this topic on the forum but not much follow up on the eventual outcome of the cases. I was wondering

1. What percentage of these applications get rejected, even after providing the fairness letter and showing that the dependent child's autism is mild. It totally depends on the perceived cost to Canada and therefore is case specific.

2. If you declare that the child will not use any public resources (therapy and public schooling), how much more likely would the application be approved? it is not possible to do this. They will reject any such declaration as it's not enforceable.

In our case, the autism diagnosis was done privately in Canada since we are currently here on work permit.

Does anyone have updates or knowledge on this? Thanks!!

egyy

Nov 14, 2016
Thanks for your reply! I understand it's case-by-case but I would like to know if the chance is slim or if we have a reasonable shot. Are there any success stories? Since the child is young, I think it will be hard for the doctor to assess how much support (> or < than $6000/yr) is needed in the future. He may need additional support when he goes to school, I am not sure. I am debating if we should just call it quit and go back to USA, where ironically the public support is much better for special needs children. We are paying all the therapies out of our pocket here in Canada and it's draining our savings.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
egyy said:
Thanks for your reply! I understand it's case-by-case but I would like to know if the chance is slim or if we have a reasonable shot. Are there any success stories? Since the child is young, I think it will be hard for the doctor to assess how much support (> or < than $6000/yr) is needed in the future. He may need additional support when he goes to school, I am not sure. I am debating if we should just call it quit and go back to USA, where ironically the public support is much better for special needs children. We are paying all the therapies out of our pocket here in Canada and it's draining our savings.
There are a few success stories here - but you're going to have to spend time looking for them since some of them date back a few years. Use the forum's search feature to search for the word "autism". I would also try "aspergers".

NewPlan2014

Dec 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18th September 2015 at CIO
AOR Received.
18th February 2015
Med's Request
10th March 2015
Med's Done....
17th March 2015
scylla said:
There are a few success stories here - but you're going to have to spend time looking for them since some of them date back a few years. Use the forum's search feature to search for the word "autism". I would also try "aspergers".
Pl join this group to know more about your condition

For medical concerns you can join our whatsapp chat grp. https://chat.whatsapp.com/1GpanOiHqvm9N7vxGL4asj

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.