+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying visitor's visa again shortly after last visit

prosp

Aug 21, 2013
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for all your previous help! I applied for a single entry visitors visa months ago as a F1 student and came back to US days ago smoothly using US visa re-validation.

Now I have questions about my future trip to Canada.

As I mentioned I applied for a Single Entry visitors visa month ago which expires (as shown on the visa) in March. But since i already went there last week, i can't use it any more. My question is when can I apply again for a new visitors visa? Should I wait until March or can I apply now?

I'm planning to apply for a multiple entry visa next time. I'm just visiting different places and hang around. Do I have to show the flight tickets for all the entries? It's possible to have a plan for my first entry but i don't even know when i'm going to enter for the 2nd and 3rd time.

I just don't want to get a single entry visa every time i travel.

Thank you for any advises.

Best,
P

shabuntus

Dec 17, 2013
You don't need multiple entries visa to go to Canada from USA, with single entry visa, you can go to Canada as many as you want meeting all the entry requirements at POE. You said your visa expires in March, i will suggest you to apply later.

prosp

Aug 21, 2013
Thank you for your reply!

But really? What the officer at the custom did was he crossed my visa with a pen. So i guess i can't use it any more.

shabuntus said:
You don't need multiple entries visa to go to Canada from USA, with single entry visa, you can go to Canada as many as you want meeting all the entry requirements at POE. You said your visa expires in March, i will suggest you to apply later.

toronto30

May 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Parents
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/2009
Doc's Request.
03/2013
File Transfer...
07/30/2013
Med's Request
04 MAR 2015
Med's Done....
May 7, 2015
Interview........
ECAS: Started processing Feb 12, 2015
Passport Req..
August 5, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
10 August 2015
LANDED..........
24 August 2015
you will have to get a new visa to enter Canada.

prosp

Aug 21, 2013
toronto30 said:
you will have to get a new visa to enter Canada.
Toronto30,

Thank you for your reply! I believe so cause that's what I see on the website.

Do you know when I can apply for a new one? Should I wait till the expiration date?

Is there a website I can check this?

Thanks so much!!

-P

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
shabuntus said:
The above information is 100% incorrect. A single entry visa allows you to enter Canada once. And once you've used the visa once, you can't use it again.

If you want to visit Canada again, you'll need a new visa - either single or multiple entry. You can apply whenever you want to. You don't have to wait until March.

prosp

Aug 21, 2013
scylla said:
The above information is 100% incorrect. A single entry visa allows you to enter Canada once. And once you've used the visa once, you can't use it again.

If you want to visit Canada again, you'll need a new visa - either single or multiple entry. You can apply whenever you want to. You don't have to wait until March.
Thank you for your confirmation!

It's good to know that. I'll apply later. Maybe before March. Thanks!

-P

andys2013

Dec 26, 2013
scylla said:

Single-entry temporary resident visa:

If you have a single-entry temporary resident visa, you will generally need a new single-entry visa to come back to Canada.

You can request to return to Canada on your original single-entry temporary resident visa, if:

you will only visit the U.S. or St. Pierre and Miquelon; and

you will return to Canada before the end of your approved stay in Canada.