+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying Visitor Visa for Infant - Documents required???

Sep 5, 2020
  • Hello Dears!
  • I would be grateful if someone can help me ….
  • What are the documents required for applying Canadian visit visa (online), for my 6 month old Son? We are Indian Citizens live in Muscat, Sultanate of Oman.

• Do we need to submit proof of Fund/ Salary, /Bank statements, purpose of travel etc.?
  • We don’t have a Specific Travel date. I just wanted to apply for him. He has US visit visa valid till March 2025.

• We (Me & my Wife) have valid Canadian Visit Visa till May 2025. We have travelled twice to Canada before he was born.

Sep 5, 2020
Even if you have visit visa, you cannot travel now:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html#citizen-pr

I suggest you wait until the travel restriction lifted before you apply visa for your son.
Thank dear you for the reply. Yes i am aware about the current travel restrictions. But i was worried about the documents to be submitted for the baby. When we applied 4 years ago, it was a struggle to arrange / organize the documents.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Does the infant have a passport yet as that would be the first thing to get before applying.

Sep 5, 2020
Does the infant have a passport yet as that would be the first thing to get before applying.
Yes . He already has it . He has Oman Resident Visa ( For 2 Years) US Visit Visa ( for 5 years). My doubt is regarding the documents to be uploaded.
Normally the following documents to be uploaded. My doubt is Does it same for an Infant too ? Do i have to arrange again Our Salary/ Job/ Leave /Bank/ Assets Statements ?????
  • Documents to be uploaded
  • 1. Application form
  • 2. Passport & Visa Stamps
  • 3. Client Information
  • 4. Family Information
  • 5. Travel History
  • 6. Proof of Financial Support ( Salary/ Job/ Leave /Bank/ Assets Statements )
  • 7. Purpose of Travel

• First 4 is OK.
  • 5- He is only 6 months old
  • 6 – Its tedious work now to get all these( Our Jobs are also unstable)
  • 7 – No plans to travel now

visukrishnan

Jan 22, 2021
Hello. May I know the status of TRV your application. Was it approved ? how long it took?. I am in similar situation.