+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying Visitor Visa for Brother

tech06

Jun 1, 2015
Hope everyone is doing great. I am a Canadian citizen and got engaged last year in Canada (July 2019. Both my parents were here on supervisa and attended my ceremony). I am getting married in October 2020. I would like to invite my brother. He has his own business in India. He is 28, unmarried and never traveled to any other country. What are my chances and what are the things that we need to show in support documents? Is Covid going to affect his application in any manner.?

Anyone with such experience please share your thoughts

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Whether he is approved or refused will be determined by what he provides in the application - not you. You can provide an invitation but the burden of proof is on your brother.

To be approved, he should show strong ties to his home country (e.g. proof of employment, proof of property ownership, proof of assets). Since he has no previous travel, he will want to keep his trip short (2-3 weeks). He will also need to show that he has sufficient savings to pay for the trip.

He should not book plane ticket in advance. He should wait until he knows if the visa is approved or not before he buys a plane ticket.

He should also provide an itinerary explaining what his plans are going to be in Canada.

Reactions: mpsqra

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Whether he is approved or refused will be determined by what he provides in the application - not you. You can provide an invitation but the burden of proof is on your brother.

To be approved, he should show strong ties to his home country (e.g. proof of employment, proof of property ownership, proof of assets). Since he has no previous travel, he will want to keep his trip short (2-3 weeks). He will also need to show that he has sufficient savings to pay for the trip.

He should not book plane ticket in advance. He should wait until he knows if the visa is approved or not before he buys a plane ticket.

He should also provide an itinerary explaining what his plans are going to be in Canada.
3 weeks is too much.
1-2 weeks is enough considering how Canadians think.

Shaanfer

Feb 11, 2016
Hope everyone is doing great. I am a Canadian citizen and got engaged last year in Canada (July 2019. Both my parents were here on supervisa and attended my ceremony). I am getting married in October 2020. I would like to invite my brother. He has his own business in India. He is 28, unmarried and never traveled to any other country. What are my chances and what are the things that we need to show in support documents? Is Covid going to affect his application in any manner.?

I am in the exact same situation. I am planning on getting married in October 2020 too. I want my brother to come to Canada, and he owns a business.
My question is due to COVID19 only immediate family of Canadian citizen or PR are allowed to come to Canada. According to CIC's definition of immediate family, siblings are not included. Is my brother eligible to apply? or he cannot due to COVID19 restrictions?

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am in the exact same situation. I am planning on getting married in October 2020 too. I want my brother to come to Canada, and he owns a business.
My question is due to COVID19 only immediate family of Canadian citizen or PR are allowed to come to Canada. According to CIC's definition of immediate family, siblings are not included. Is my brother eligible to apply? or he cannot due to COVID19 restrictions?

Thanks
Currently he would not be able to travel. It could change by October.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

The fact that both you and yoru parents are currently in Canada makes his ties to Canada very steong so it's very important to show as many ties to India as possible.

tech06

Jun 1, 2015

Thanks for the comments. My brother does not owns any property at this time. How effective is a support affidavit from father along with his propertly evaluation?

tech06

Jun 1, 2015
The fact that both you and yoru parents are currently in Canada makes his ties to Canada very steong so it's very important to show as many ties to India as possible.
My parents just visited once for 2 months. They still live in India.