+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying visitor visa after AOR

kronok

Nov 7, 2022
Hi,
I (CA citizen) am applying visitor visa for my wife. I already got AOR for her PR (family class) application. I can't show any tie to back home. How much chance to get visitor visa in this situation. Will visa officer decline the application??

Need experts opinion, please!

Appreciate your suggestion.

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
Hi,
I (CA citizen) am applying visitor visa for my wife. I already got AOR for her PR (family class) application. I can't show any tie to back home. How much chance to get visitor visa in this situation. Will visa officer decline the application??

When did you applied and when you got your aor share your timeline then i would be able to tell

Reactions: kronok

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,

The policy is new and anyone telling you would be guessing. Apply and tell others how it worked out.

Reactions: YVR123

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Hi,

In my case no home ties were demonstrated apart simple explanation of the contingency plan in case PR will be denied. I included it in the additional letter of explanation. Got a super fast approval.

However, my PR case is well ahead of yours (see signature), so IRCC have probably had a good look into it and I think it might have played a role.

Reactions: armoured

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
Y
In my case no home ties were demonstrated apart simple explanation of the contingency plan in case PR will be denied. I included it in the additional letter of explanation. Got a super fast approval.

However, my PR case is well ahead of yours (see description), so IRCC have probably had a good look into it and I think it might have played a role.
I
Yes that’s what i am trying to explain if your case is like very near to pr then chaces are very high aor is just first step

Reactions: ERCAN

kronok

Nov 7, 2022
She has 2000 cad equivalent in bank. Is this enough to show tie with back home?
She has been taking care of my parents back home who are 70/80 up. Can I show these as tie?
Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts!

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
She has 2000 cad equivalent in bank. Is this enough to show tie with back home?
She has been taking care of my parents back home who are 70/80 up. Can I show these as tie?
Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts!
It’s not about money it’s about some property some job some business or kids which will force her to return to her homeland and will not overstay in canada that is called a hometie

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If I were you I would wait once your eligibility and background check starts. In my opinion it is better to apply for trv once your sponsor gets the eligibility approved and your medical and biometrics is done since you would also need this last two requirements for trv.

I understand that you want to be together as soon as possible but waiting until you have this completed and started gives you better chances of approval.

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
If I were you I would wait once your eligibility and background check starts. In my opinion it is better to apply for trv once your sponsor gets the eligibility approved and your medical and biometrics is done since you would also need this last two requirements for trv.
I will also wait till eligibility that’s a good suggestion tbh

Reactions: kronok

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
PA eligibility may not start until very late. In my file it didn't start yet.
Waiting for sponsor approval, on the other hand, would be wise.

Hydwind

Oct 1, 2023
If my Visitor visa got rejected due to some reason after AOR, Do I have to inform Ircc about this rejection?. If yes how should I inform ?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013

I understand that you want to be together as soon as possible but waiting until you have this completed and started gives you better chances of approval.
I fully agree with this comment. unless there is no real urgent/serious need, applying for TRV is useless. It's 50/50. They ask for AOR+SA, some say eligibility has to be completed on PR as well...I'd say then why not wait for just PR to be completed.

100% your call.

kronok

Nov 7, 2022
If my Visitor visa got rejected due to some reason after AOR, Do I have to inform Ircc about this rejection?. If yes how should I inform ?
It’s not important.
I applied for trv after biometric though which was successful.