+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying via SDS but with TRV and Express Entry Rejected

Lalafloresca

Jun 25, 2019
I recently got accepted in one of the colleges in Ontario Canada for the Winter 2020 school year. But unfortunately, I learned that my previous rejected tourist visa and express entry applications will have a relevant negative effect on my plan to apply for a student visa.

My biggest concern is the express entry profile I submitted last month. I did not meet the minimum requirements for the Federal Skilled Worker Program. I understand that it is not a full application but I am still anxious that I have a record in my account that I submitted documents such as TOR, resume & IELTS and still did not meet the minimum requirements during the initial assessment. I am worried that this might somehow contradict/challenge my explanation why I am applying for a student visa now.

TRV is rejected due to lack of funds, travel history (since I have not travelled to any country with visa) and family ties (this was a mistake on my part, due to revisions I was not able to fill out the current job field). My plan is to apply via SDS. I have already received my GIC and paid my 1 year tuition fee. In terms of additional funds/ show money I believe I have enough savings now to cover my daily expenses. My sister and her family is also in Ontario and holds a PR status.

Thank you in advance!

Catpaws14

Star Member
Sep 3, 2017
Search dual intent in IRPA. They cannot reject you for having previous or current PR application or rejected TRV, but they can reject you on some other factors. You need to come up with a strong SOP that focuses on your future plans after completion of school and why you want to study in Canada when you can study in your home country. Each application is assessed individually by IRCC. You must meet the eligibility requirements to qualify. The result of your application will be in the discretion of the Visa officer who will decide on the basis of your SOP if it makes sense, in light of your goals and career path. They also want to know that you are well informed of the rules and that once your program has completed, you will leave. All in the opinion of VO that's why when they refuse someone they always start this by saying "I am not satisfied" so the key here is having a SOP that can convince them that you are a genuine student.

I am too in the same situation and waiting for a decision to be made.

Reactions: Lalafloresca