+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying TRV within Canada for dependents

asrid

Jun 5, 2014
Hello,

I am on a open work permit and my wife/kid are on visitor records. Can they apply for their TRVs from within Canada? I heard from some that they can apply only from outside of Canada, is that true?

mzpaul

May 8, 2014
I went through the same thing just last year to renew our TRVs. My husband is on a work permit and I at the time was on a study permit and our son had a visitor record. From all readings online it did not appear we could apply for our son's from within Canada but we took a chance, sent them all to Ottawa and had them renewed. We got the passports back within 2 weeks so give it a go! All the best

asrid

Jun 5, 2014
Thanks, will give that a try. Interesting, because even the call centre folks confidently say that we cannot apply from within Canada. Looks like that's not the case though.

BTW, when you sent your kid's TRV documents to Ottawa, did you also send the passport along with it or did you wait for CIC to request for the passport. I am in an urgency to get my family's TRV and wondering if this will expedite the process, unfortunately online services are down for a week now (website crashes everytime).

vikramviks95

Oct 3, 2012
Yes, you can apply from within Canada. I am on work permit and i have extended the TRVs of my wife and I 3 times since 2012. I did it online.. Send them a copy of your work permit..

mzpaul

May 8, 2014
Send your passports along with the application and required documents. They will need to stamp the visa in the passport so send it along. All the best!

MrEnergy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
did it work ?
I wanna apply for TRV renewal for my dependents too
I have a valid Study Permit, my wife has a valid Open Work Permit, and our two kids are having a valid visitor status,
thanks !