+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying TRV online - Help needed in filling dependents forms

srt.kmr

Feb 13, 2016
Hello,

I'm a US H1B visa holder with a dependent wife and 1 yr old son. Both are on H4 US visa. I want to apply for Canada visitor visa online.

I came across following confusions while filling my dependents' forms:

1. In the application (IMM5257E), Employment details is mandatory. But, my wife never had a job. So, what should I enter as Employment details for my wife and son? It is not allowing me to save form otherwise.
2. The Family Information form(IMM5645E), asks for applicant's signature. Can I sign on behalf of my 1 yr old dependent son?

Please help.

Thanks.

mike123

Sep 27, 2010
Hi There.

For form IMM5257E under employment details for your wife's application you can write-Not Working dependent on husband and list his employment dates. I did this when i brought my wife over on a TRV.

As for the family information IMM5645E it states on the CIC website that this form is to be completed by each applicant 18 years and older so its probably unecessary to fill it out for your 1 yo. But I would sign it anyways and send it that way you don't have to worry about it.

Family Information (IMM 5645)
Who needs to complete this form?

This form must be completed by each person, 18 years of age or older, applying for a Temporary Resident Visa, a study or work permit outside Canada.

Good luck!

PAULS

Dec 31, 2011
What to write under experience for my mom. She is 75 year old and is a housewife since her marriage. My father is also a retired person.
Thanks

mike123

Sep 27, 2010
Hi PAULS,

Just state she been a housewife for the past however many years. List your dads sources of income as well on her application though and dates.