+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying TRV for wife second time from new portal

gauthamponn

Mar 14, 2019
Hi All,
I applied TRV for my wife in september 8th and it got rejected. While I applied it, I did not start my outland spousal PR application yet.
Now I am hearing about a applying through a new portal which might have better chances

The documents or circumstances have not changed since the last time we applied other than us starting the Spousal PR application(For which I did not get my AOR yet). The only meaningful change I see is that now we apply from the new Portal.

My question is that is it a good idea to apply again and if it gets rejected again will it affect my spousal sponsorship in a negative way?

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Hi All,
I applied TRV for my wife in september 8th and it got rejected. While I applied it, I did not start my outland spousal PR application yet.
Now I am hearing about a applying through a new portal which might have better chances

The documents or circumstances have not changed since the last time we applied other than us starting the Spousal PR application(For which I did not get my AOR yet). The only meaningful change I see is that now we apply from the new Portal.

My question is that is it a good idea to apply again and if it gets rejected again will it affect my spousal sponsorship in a negative way?
I think the information out there about the new portal having better chances is wrong. Indeed the new portal mentions reunification as one of the options, but that in my opinion is just a filtering mechanism. I did not see any changes in the application for TRV and or the guide to reflect "better chances" based on reunification. The application is still exactly the same and you still have to meet the same requirements.

My opinion is that if you can't address the reasons for refusal in your last application, or your situation hasn't changed, then you will likely hear the same answer if you apply again. Being married and having an outland spousal sponsorship application reduces TRV approval chances because IRCC has different sponsorship options for a reason (outland vs. inland), it would be counterproductive and meaningless to start giving outland applicants visas to live together. In addition to the ties in Canada becoming stronger for the PA by virtue of the marriage.

Anyways, why were you refused the TRV the first time round? What reasons did IRCC give in the rejection letter?

gauthamponn

Mar 14, 2019
Thank you for your response. Below were the reasons given:

-- I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
-- I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Thank you for your response. Below were the reasons given:

-- I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
-- I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
Order your gcms notes