+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying TRV for my fiancé before submitting her Spouse PR application

satish1990

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ontario
Hello Members,

Im going to get married this november and looking for different options to get my fiancé to Canada faster. Hoping i can get answers for my below questions from experts here.

Can someone please help me understand if I can apply a visit visa for my fiancé before submitting her spousal pr application? If yes, what should i mention for her reasons to travel ? Does any one know the approval rate for someone who have no travel history?

If it end up getting denied, would it have an impact on her PR application, since there will be a question in PR application asking if she ever got refused for canadian visa previously.

any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

thank you!

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Members,

Im going to get married this november and looking for different options to get my fiancé to Canada faster. Hoping i can get answers for my below questions from experts here.

Can someone please help me understand if I can apply a visit visa for my fiancé before submitting her spousal pr application? If yes, what should i mention for her reasons to travel ? Does any one know the approval rate for someone who have no travel history?

If it end up getting denied, would it have an impact on her PR application, since there will be a question in PR application asking if she ever got refused for canadian visa previously.

any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

thank you!
Sure, she can apply for a TRV now. The refusal / approval rates aren't published.

It will work against her that she doesn't have a travel history. To have a chance of being approved, she will want to show very strong ties to her home country such as employment, property ownership and/or other assets. She will also want to show that she has sufficient funds (ideally more than sufficient) to pay for the full trip herself. She should keep the length of her requested trip short (e.g. 2-3 weeks).

The refusal will not impact her PR sponsorship application provided there was no misrepresentation.

satish1990

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ontario
Thank you very much for your response!

She doesnt have travel history but she is currently employed in india and also helping her father with her family business. She also does have enough funds to show. I wonder how much funds are needed to show them that she is financially strong to cover her expenses? Any suggestions here?

For purpose of travel, she is thinking about mentioning that she would like to attend a conference in toronto around June 2024 and then meet a close friend who also lives here in toronto. Lets say if she gets denied this time but re-apply TRV again after submitting her PR sponsorship application, would it affect the decision this time ? Because the purpose of travel is now different when compared to TRV application submitted before PR application ( mentioning that she wants to attend conference) VS post PR application ( mentioning that her PR app is in progress and wants to reunite with family).

Also, wondering if the it is mandatory have the flight reservations as part of the application? Does it add any more value?

appreciate your reply!
Thanks!

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
She can supply her 3 months saving account statements with whatever she has. There is no real limit or golden number to show. The purpose is to show the overall financial capacity which correlates with home ties.
Checking (current) account statement showing for few months showing stable income is also a thing to consider.

Plus everything that @scylla mentioned before: property, other assets etc.

I won't give you any suggestion as to what to indicate for the purpose of the travel as you intend to hide the real purpose. The problem is that it's hard to estimate any possible consequences. I leave it up to you.

you don't need to buy any tickets - it won't help and is explicitly mentioned as not required

Reactions: satish1990