+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying to Quebec Skilled Worker Program - But Missing Employer Letters

Dec 7, 2010
My gf is applying for PR through the QC skiller worker program, but over the past six months she has had a difficult, if not impossible time getting certain past employers to provide her with letters stating that she indeed worked for them.

My question is this - can she submit her application without those letters (she does have many of them, just not all from every employer she has ever had) - or is this a bad idea?

Thanks for any insight you can provide!

caribgrl55

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your girlfriend has at least 4 years of experience without including the employment from the companies she cannot get the letters from then she wouldn't have to include it in her application. However, it she does need those jobs to add to her experience, she could include the letters that she has available, and write a letter explaining why she is unable to obtain the others.

Additionally, perhaps she is able to get some sort of information proving that she was employed at those companies at some point in time?

Dec 7, 2010
hello,

thank you for such a quick answer - it is much appreciated. she does have additional information that she can use, and she can provide the explanations that you have described.

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with Caribgrl,

Please follow this thread for some advice I gave to someone with a similar situation.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/quebec-csq-applicants-in-the-usa-t48211.60.html

kimknight

Jun 19, 2010
I have worked for the same employer for 2 1/2 years. I have the employment letters from this job. Do I have to include letters from my previous jobs or is 2 1/2 years experience good enough for Quebec?
Also, on the Quebec immigration website, they say to include the first and last (most recent) paycheck from your current job. I can't find my first paycheck from 2 1/2 years ago. Do they really look for that first paycheck?