+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying to Express Entry with an old Police Clearance Certificate

Aug 25, 2017
I first applied to PNP paper based from inside canada 9 months ago, I got 2 PCCs on that time for two countries I have lived over 6 months.

Recently I got enough score to apply for Express Entry, and I did so, the thing is: I submitted the application and I re-used the same PCCs from all countries I have lived over 6 months, they are expired now.

I was not worried because according to their own instructions they only require that my PCC is issued after the last time I lived in that country:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

But reading some really old threads from here made me worried about my application getting refused.
So, anyone wanna share any ideas with me about my situation? Should I be worried?

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
If the PCC themselves have explicity mentioned that they expire after a certain date, I would highly encourage getting new ones. If the PCC does not have an expiry date then that is safe enough.

However, for the country you are currently living in (as of the time of submission of eAPR), the PCC cannot be more than 6 months old ...

anttor

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
Don't take chances. Submit new pcc. I had the same thinking but after much discussion went with new pcc.

Aug 25, 2017
Thanks for the advice guys, I live in Canada, they asked me to submit the Canadian PCC recently (after my submission) and I did it.

And yes, all my PCCs do mention that they expire, But why would they care if I haven't even stepped into those countries after I got those PCC I sent.... it would state exactly the same thing but with different dates... shit I can't believe they would be so picky...

How should I submit a new PCC? though CSE? What if they refuse my application before I get my PCCs? I need a time frame to get and translate them...

Aug 25, 2017
Answering myself: No problem.

It does not matter if it's expired or not, it just matters if it was emitted AFTER you left the country in question.

An agent confirm that and I am the living proof, as I got passed this stage.

I hope this help people in same condition in future (or until they change their rules again, as they always do...)