Applying to EE using current PNP certificate

ashrafgk

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I got my Ontario Provincial Nomination this last October and I have already applied for PR (of course like many others still waiting for AOR). My question is, can I use that same PNP certificate to apply under EE (given that the certificate does not expire until April 2015)?

I have read around the CIC website, and there was no mention of this topic. Only thing it says is:

Express Entry candidates may either:
- enter the pool first, and then be nominated by a province or territory; or
- be nominated by a province or territory (Which I am), and then complete an online Express Entry profile.

Thanks.

Ekniranjan2

Dec 2, 2014
Not sure...Some people are saying that we can use current(existing) PNP certificate to get 600 additional points for Express Entry. Some people are saying "no, we can't use the existing PNP cert to get those 600 additional points". :-\

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Per recent media conference by CIC, you can apply to EE with your PNP and get 600 points (provided one of CEC/FSW/FST requirements are met, or else you can't get into the pool)

PNP people can also apply like the old ways. I would imagine this is for people with PNP but not qualify for CEC/FSW/FST.

Ekniranjan2

Dec 2, 2014
Thanks !

Also , does the PNP nomination certificate has to remain valid until we submit the PR application under CEC or FSWP?

In other words can we submit the Express Entry application with a valid nomination certificate and once we get ITA(and if nomination certificate expires in the next 60 days) can we still submit the final PR application to CIC with the expired certificate? Because CIC gives 60 days to submit the final PR application once giving you an ITA