+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying to EE from Quebec, planning on moving to Ontario when I get ITA. Enough as proof?

tubelip

Sep 5, 2023
Hi!

I just entered the poll for Express Entry while currently living in Quebec. I've heard stories of people saying it can be challenging proving that you will move out of Quebec after getting the PR.

With that in mind, I'm planning on moving to Ontario as soon as I receive my ITA, sign a lease, move my employee office to Ottawa as well, get a health card, drivers license, and then submit my application after the full 60 days I have.

Is that a good plan for them not to think I'll want to move back to Quebec (I won't)?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi!

I just entered the poll for Express Entry while currently living in Quebec. I've heard stories of people saying it can be challenging proving that you will move out of Quebec after getting the PR.

With that in mind, I'm planning on moving to Ontario as soon as I receive my ITA, sign a lease, move my employee office to Ottawa as well, get a health card, drivers license, and then submit my application after the full 60 days I have.

Is that a good plan for them not to think I'll want to move back to Quebec (I won't)?
Sounds like you should be fine.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi!

Does your employer have offices in Ontario? Many people attempt to move to secure PR and then return to Quebec or try and move to Ontario and either work remotely or work part-time in Quebec. Would try to gather proof that you aren’t going to return to Quebec as soon as you land as a PR like you moved to Ontario right after getting ITA.

tubelip

Sep 5, 2023
Does your employer have offices in Ontario? Many people attempt to move to secure PR and then return to Quebec or try and move to Ontario and either work remotely or work part-time in Quebec. Would try to gather proof that you aren’t going to return to Quebec as soon as you land as a PR like you moved to Ontario right after getting ITA.
Yes, they do have offices in Ontario. I'll transfer my payslip/employment to there.
Yea, you're right I should move asap, I just have some personal things that I need to deal with at the moment, but planning on moving in 1-2 months.