+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying to CEC and Spousal Sponsorship at the same time

Oct 16, 2019
After 8 months of long wait for CEC, my application has been refused because they could not figure out my NOC as I did not provide them with Job description cause my previous employer wont give me a Record of employment with Job description on it but They would put Everything else.

Now I have like 6 more months for my PGWP to expire. My wife is a Canadian citizen and she wants me to apply through her. But I know in six months I might not get any result and if I apply through her sponsorship I might not be able to get Bridging Work Permit which will put me out of Job.

Any suggestions regarding this?
Can I apply on both I guess?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
After 8 months of long wait for CEC, my application has been refused because they could not figure out my NOC as I did not provide them with Job description cause my previous employer wont give me a Record of employment with Job description on it but They would put Everything else.

Now I have like 6 more months for my PGWP to expire. My wife is a Canadian citizen and she wants me to apply through her. But I know in six months I might not get any result and if I apply through her sponsorship I might not be able to get Bridging Work Permit which will put me out of Job.

Any suggestions regarding this?
Can I apply on both I guess?
why doesn’t your wife apply to sponsor you inland with an OWP. You should get the OWP around 4 months after applying.

Reactions: Jabed Hossain J29

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I just saw that you have an assault charge. You will have to check with a lawyer whether that will have an effect on your application.

Oct 16, 2019
@canuck78 Yes I do as I have asked clarification in another post regarding this. I have gone consulted with some lawyers regarding this. I have been sentenced a conditional discharge with probation.

I have been advised to apply for Inland spousal sponsorship application with an OWP.
Hopefully things get better :)