+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying through both portals

Amjad93

Aug 25, 2022
Hello
I applied first of august through new ircc portal and it went start to review eligibility at end of august and nothing since that and i have conference to attend on 23th of October.

so my question is it okay to apply through gckey for visit visa as a separate application as this application is taking time and i am afraid to miss the conference.

i tried to link the application to gckey but they keep saying no application is found

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello
I applied first of august through new ircc portal and it went start to review eligibility at end of august and nothing since that and i have conference to attend on 23th of October.

so my question is it okay to apply through gckey for visit visa as a separate application as this application is taking time and i am afraid to miss the conference.

i tried to link the application to gckey but they keep saying no application is found
You should only apply once. Unfortunately you underestimated processing time. It is not unusual for it to take multiple months to get processed. If you did attempt to apply again you would be starting the waiting period all over again.

Reactions: Amjad93 and Kornet

Sr_ke

Star Member
Dec 15, 2018
You should only apply once. Unfortunately you underestimated processing time. It is not unusual for it to take multiple months to get processed. If you did attempt to apply again you would be starting the waiting period all over again.
i dont think this is correct information, there are people on this forum who applied two times that got answers within two weeks of their second application. I dont think anybody has definite answers about how IRCC works and the OP should take these advices with a grain of salt.

Reactions: Amjad93 and Kornet

Amjad93

Aug 25, 2022
Thank you for helping, actually when I applied I checked the process time and I find that they need 60 days only and my travel plan was 78 days far so It was okay , but now the process time is 140 days so I am confused what to do.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
i dont think this is correct information, there are people on this forum who applied two times that got answers within two weeks of their second application. I dont think anybody has definite answers about how IRCC works and the OP should take these advices with a grain of salt.
Applying a second time does not speed up the process. There are some people who get processed quickly because their application is determined by AI to be low risk. There are always applications that are processed much faster than average whether you apply once or twice. In general most people don’t get processed within a week or two especially if you don’t have a history of frequent travel and depending on your country of origin. Processing times are always estimates. Some take much less time but many take longer.

Reactions: Amjad93

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for helping, actually when I applied I checked the process time and I find that they need 60 days only and my travel plan was 78 days far so It was okay , but now the process time is 140 days so I am confused what to do.
Processing times are only estimates and some take much less time but unfortunately many take longer than the processing estimates. Unfortunately all you can do is wait and contact the conference explaining that you may not be able to attend. Not sure if you are just attending or are presenting. If you flight is refundable only to a certain point you will also have to determine whether you can risk losing the money or whether you should cancel your flight.

Reactions: Amjad93

Amjad93

Aug 25, 2022
Exactly probably I will cancel the flight and missed the conference , as the Passport request process only take more than 20 days to be completed.