+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying third time.... Help needed

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Memorial is a fairly ranked public uni, so that's not a problem. You say you've been a lecturer for 6 years, and with a B.Ed it makes sense to go for a M.Ed. Perhaps you are not motivating enough in your study plan?

Post your SOP here (remove personal/identifying info).

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Did you start a program without a study permit? Why?

Honestly, a masters is a good plan but why a M.Ed. What are you going to do with that if you are not a licensed teacher. In Canada, a M.Ed is for licensed teachers to take and be promoted in their careers. In Canada, to be a principal, director or superintendent with a school board, you must take a M.Ed. It makes no sense for you to take a Canadian M.Ed and that is why officers don’t believe you are genuine or it will help your career. How will it help your career when a M.Ed in your home country focuses more on your education system. You could have pursued the program in your home country.

If you were considering immigration then a M.Ed will not help you at all because you are not a licensed teacher. And this program will not give you any “leg-up” to become a licensed teacher. So no a M.Ed doesn’t make sense.

Reactions: wonderbly

Azramun

Star Member
Aug 22, 2020
Did you start a program without a study permit? Why?

Honestly, a masters is a good plan but why a M.Ed. What are you going to do with that if you are not a licensed teacher. In Canada, a M.Ed is for licensed teachers to take and be promoted in their careers. In Canada, to be a principal, director or superintendent with a school board, you must take a M.Ed. It makes no sense for you to take a Canadian M.Ed and that is why officers don’t believe you are genuine or it will help your career. How will it help your career. If you were considering immigration then a M.Ed will not help you at all because you are not a licensed teacher. So no a M.Ed doesn’t make sense.
His... Thank you for your response. My M.Ed is thesis-based and it is based on science education. Many opportunities are there not only in Canada also in my home country.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
His... Thank you for your response. My M.Ed is thesis-based and it is based on science education. Many opportunities are there not only in Canada also in my home country.
It doesn’t matter if it is thesis based. What do you mean opportunities in Canada? That is not what you should be focused on. If trying to immigrate, then apply through Express Entry.

The officers don’t believe you will leave Canada and that doing this program has no benefit to you in your home country. You have a M.Sc so how does taking a M.Ed in Canada benefit your career. As I said, you aren’t a Canadian teacher so you need a convincing argument for this program.

Last edited: