+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APPLYING STUDY PERMIT FOR SECOND TIME (COMPLEX CASE PLZ HELP! I BEG! Seniors member junior need help!!)

gamer_9999999

Star Member
May 11, 2021
Ok, so here is my case. I completed my 12th from India in 2016. Then I went to Canada in 2018-2020 for an Associate of Arts degree. Now 1.5 years into my degree I was facing health issues and serious mental depression. January 2019, I came back and skipped a semester, I wanted to fly back to Canada in May 2020, however, Covid struck in march 2020. Now I was stranded in India and forced to study online. My study permit was bound to expire in August 2020 and it eventually did. I could not fly back to Canada as travel bubble was in development and there was a total fly ban. My permit expired on Aug 2020, I contacted my college and I was left with last sem. Now, I could not renew my permit from India so I applied under visitor category after accurately answering the questions in the questionnaire. I then studied online 4 months and graduated with this diploma in Arts. I have then applied for my PGWP from India on Feb 15th and file is still under process along with my visitor visa. Now both of these files are under process without any updates ( more than 5 months now). I am thinking of withdrawing these files and applying for a fresh study permit. Can someone plz help in following.
1. Which course should I apply for? as I have already done Associate of Arts.
2. Diploma or certificate?
3. Chance of visa success?
4.What if I just submit another study visa file? will these contradict with my previous ones? or Do I have to withdraw these first?
5. The study permit question asks me the date of previous qualification. I did graduate in Dec 2020 however my permit had expired on Aug 2020 so which date should I put?
6. Is there any scope for my case

Seniors members junior member plz help!

bbasiit

Aug 25, 2015
Are you sure you weren't able to apply Study Permit extension from India? That can't be true.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Ok, so here is my case. I completed my 12th from India in 2016. Then I went to Canada in 2018-2020 for an Associate of Arts degree. Now 1.5 years into my degree I was facing health issues and serious mental depression. January 2019, I came back and skipped a semester, I wanted to fly back to Canada in May 2020, however, Covid struck in march 2020. Now I was stranded in India and forced to study online. My study permit was bound to expire in August 2020 and it eventually did. I could not fly back to Canada as travel bubble was in development and there was a total fly ban. My permit expired on Aug 2020, I contacted my college and I was left with last sem. Now, I could not renew my permit from India so I applied under visitor category after accurately answering the questions in the questionnaire. I then studied online 4 months and graduated with this diploma in Arts. I have then applied for my PGWP from India on Feb 15th and file is still under process along with my visitor visa. Now both of these files are under process without any updates ( more than 5 months now). I am thinking of withdrawing these files and applying for a fresh study permit. Can someone plz help in following.
1. Which course should I apply for? as I have already done Associate of Arts.
2. Diploma or certificate?
3. Chance of visa success?
4.What if I just submit another study visa file? will these contradict with my previous ones? or Do I have to withdraw these first?
5. The study permit question asks me the date of previous qualification. I did graduate in Dec 2020 however my permit had expired on Aug 2020 so which date should I put?
6. Is there any scope for my case

Seniors members junior member plz help!
You really need to wait for the results of your previous permits First.