+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying PR under LCP class need help on spousal application

kurtis226

Mar 1, 2012
Hi Everyone,

Me and my wife are not in good terms and I`m applying for Permanent residence soon.

My question is, can I include her on the application and declare that we are separated. I still want to get her though we are not in good term`s. Because I don`t think I`m getting the custody of my kid`s if she`s not included on the application. Hoping to be Permanent residence is for my kid`s if they can`t come every sacrifices that I made will be useless. If need be I will still include my wife on the application so my kid`s can get here.

Or should I divorce her or annul our marriage and include her on the application and be a guardian of my 2 kid`s?

Or declare that we are separated( marriage is still valid) and file a divorce after when she get here in Canada.

Please help! Thank you!

Kurt

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Include her on your application and get the divorce after landing; you'd be responsible for her for three years.

kurtis226 said:
Hi Everyone,

Me and my wife are not in good terms and I`m applying for Permanent residence soon.

My question is, can I include her on the application and declare that we are separated. I still want to get her though we are not in good term`s. Because I don`t think I`m getting the custody of my kid`s if she`s not included on the application. Hoping to be Permanent residence is for my kid`s if they can`t come every sacrifices that I made will be useless. If need be I will still include my wife on the application so my kid`s can get here.

Or should I divorce her or annul our marriage and include her on the application and be a guardian of my 2 kid`s?

Or declare that we are separated( marriage is still valid) and file a divorce after when she get here in Canada.

Please help! Thank you!

Kurt

kurtis226

Mar 1, 2012
Hi Job_seeker,

I guess that is the best thing to do hey? Can I still get her if I declare that we are separated?

Could this affect our Citizenship application in the future( divorcing her after she get in)?

Or if I decide not to include her on the application can I get my Mom as guardian of my kid`s instead?

Thank`s for your time answering back. I really appreciate that, Thank you!

Kurt

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
kurtis226 said:
Hi Job_seeker,

I guess that is the best thing to do hey? Can I still get her if I declare that we are separated? Might be a problem here.

Could this affect our Citizenship application in the future( divorcing her after she get in)? No. How old are the children?

Or if I decide not to include her on the application can I get my Mom as guardian of my kid`s instead? No.

Thank`s for your time answering back. I really appreciate that, Thank you!

Kurt

kurtis226

Mar 1, 2012
Hi Job-seeker,

Age`s 4 and 5. I`m glad to hear that divorcing her won`t affect our citizenship application in the future.

You`ve been so much help for everyone. Cheer`s :D Your the one who answers some of my questions too`bout my WP :D.

Thank you again!

Kurt

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Apply like you're in good terms. 4 and 5; they need their Mom and you won't be able to work without a nanny or you'd be spending on day care and after school care which would still cost lots. Once in Canada you can discuss how best to handle the kids' care if the marriage can't be patched up. Your Father Confessor :)

kurtis226 said:
Hi Job-seeker,

Age`s 4 and 5. I`m glad to hear that divorcing her won`t affect our citizenship application in the future.

You`ve been so much help for everyone. Cheer`s :D Your the one who answers some of my questions too`bout my WP :D.

Thank you again!

Kurt