+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying Outland While Working in Canada

quokkamole

Sep 9, 2019
Hi,

I am currently in the process of applying for permanent residency again as my first application was refused (due to limited proof of living together for a consecutive year with my common-law partner - we have lived together for nearly two years now and have acquired more proof since then.)
I have an open work permit that I got when applying for the first time and I’m now thinking of applying outland so I’d be able to leave Canada while the application is in process and visit my family in Europe as I haven’t seen them in the last two years.
My question is whether it’d be possible for me to submit an Outland application while living in Canada and keep working here (my OWP is valid until November 2022) and also visit my home country for around a month or so and then come back to Canada?

Any insight on my situation would be greatly appreciated.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I am currently in the process of applying for permanent residency again as my first application was refused (due to limited proof of living together for a consecutive year with my common-law partner - we have lived together for nearly two years now and have acquired more proof since then.)
I have an open work permit that I got when applying for the first time and I’m now thinking of applying outland so I’d be able to leave Canada while the application is in process and visit my family in Europe as I haven’t seen them in the last two years.
My question is whether it’d be possible for me to submit an Outland application while living in Canada and keep working here (my OWP is valid until November 2022) and also visit my home country for around a month or so and then come back to Canada?

Any insight on my situation would be greatly appreciated.
Yes, you can apply outland while living in Canada.

Note that the OWP does not allow you to re-enter Canada. You need either an eTA or TRV to return depending on what passport you hold.

GS20

Apr 28, 2020
Yes, you can apply outland while living in Canada.

Note that the OWP does not allow you to re-enter Canada. You need either an eTA or TRV to return depending on what passport you hold.
Hey @scylla, I am a Canadian PR living in Ontario, planning to sponsor my wife as Outland Application who will be moving to Montreal (Quebec). Can we do that or would have to apply for Inland sponsorship only as she'll be in Canada by we file the application?

She is moving to Quebec on independent work permit from her Company. Will we need any kind of additional documentation as she'll be living in Quebec or it'll be treated as usual outland application.
Asking as i think Quebec applications require few more steps like CSQ.
Is it valid for sponsored applicant or just for sponsoring person (which is me living in Ontario, so shouldn't be needed).

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey @scylla, I am a Canadian PR living in Ontario, planning to sponsor my wife as Outland Application who will be moving to Montreal (Quebec). Can we do that or would have to apply for Inland sponsorship only as she'll be in Canada by we file the application?

She is moving to Quebec on independent work permit from her Company. Will we need any kind of additional documentation as she'll be living in Quebec or it'll be treated as usual outland application.
Asking as i think Quebec applications require few more steps like CSQ.
Is it valid for sponsored applicant or just for sponsoring person (which is me living in Ontario, so shouldn't be needed).
If she is going to be living in Quebec while you live in Ontario, then you have to apply outland. Applying inland won't be an option. To apply inland, you must be living together for the duration of application processing.

I don't know about the CSQ.

GS20

Apr 28, 2020
If she is going to be living in Quebec while you live in Ontario, then you have to apply outland. Applying inland won't be an option. To apply inland, you must be living together for the duration of application processing.

I don't know about the CSQ.
Got it, thank you so much