App. Filed.......
08-04-2015
AOR Received.
02-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-01-2015 except delaying X-ray
Hi my husband is now in Canada and I've just submitted my Outland application.

I want to join my husband in Canada in around September this year and wait for my landing papers while I'm in Canada if possible.

My question is will there be a problem when I enter into Canada (my passport is visa-exempted for 6 months)?

Should I also book a return ticket and just say I'm visiting? Or should I be completely honest about my intention to wait for my landing papers and not planning to leave?

Anyone with similar experience please kindly advise! thanks in advance!

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
karen_nd said:
Hi my husband is now in Canada and I've just submitted my Outland application.

I want to join my husband in Canada in around September this year and wait for my landing papers while I'm in Canada if possible.

My question is will there be a problem when I enter into Canada (my passport is visa-exempted for 6 months)?

Should I also book a return ticket and just say I'm visiting? Or should I be completely honest about my intention to wait for my landing papers and not planning to leave?

Anyone with similar experience please kindly advise! thanks in advance!
They are a lot more easy going on letting people in if the the canadian has been approved as a sponser,which your husband should be by September.

Bit of a grey area in terms of booking a return...it really depends on the officer you deal with....I came in on a one way ticket while our application was in process,the first gaurd I spoke to was very suspicious of me and sent me to another area where you are questioned further,but when I spoke to the second gaurd there he just looked up to see if I was telling the truth about having an application in process and once he say it was there he was really nice about it and let me in no problem.

I would say to be on the safe side,book a refundable return ticket and just get your money back for it after you arrive.

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Oh!!and definitly do NOT say you are not planning to leave!!

You are visiting your husband while your waiting for your application to be processed,and you will leave before your 6 month visa runs out...that's your story :)

You definitly don't want to give them the impression you are coming here to stay.