+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying outland sponsorship while spouse in Canada

LetsLearn1991

Nov 16, 2021
Hi,
My wife recently got her visitor visa and is most likely to enter Canada next month.
I need to apply for PR for her, I am thinking of outland sponsorship as there is a risk of re-entry in Inland sponsorship.
I am not sure how to go about outland sponsorship when the applicant is in Canada. What address should I give for her contact?
Is it okay If I give her home country address? What are the possible conflicts or things I need to take care of before applying?
Thanks in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
My wife recently got her visitor visa and is most likely to enter Canada next month.
I need to apply for PR for her, I am thinking of outland sponsorship as there is a risk of re-entry in Inland sponsorship.
I am not sure how to go about outland sponsorship when the applicant is in Canada. What address should I give for her contact?
Is it okay If I give her home country address? What are the possible conflicts or things I need to take care of before applying?
Thanks in advance.
Does your spouse plan on leaving Canada during sponsorship? Do they want to work?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
To note, there have been a few cases reported here of applicants doing this (outland-while-inland) and it being returned. I don't think anyone's figured out what the issue has been (or if just a mistake by IRCC); the response seems to be that they selected the wrong 'class' of application even though they're allowed to.

I wonder/speculate that perhaps they sent to the wrong office. But it may be something else or indeed just a mistake.

LetsLearn1991

Nov 16, 2021
To note, there have been a few cases reported here of applicants doing this (outland-while-inland) and it being returned. I don't think anyone's figured out what the issue has been (or if just a mistake by IRCC); the response seems to be that they selected the wrong 'class' of application even though they're allowed to.

I wonder/speculate that perhaps they sent to the wrong office. But it may be something else or indeed just a mistake.
If I mention her home country address in the application, would it be fine? I think most people might have mentioned address Inside Canada

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
If I mention her home country address in the application, would it be fine? I think most people might have mentioned address Inside Canada
Don't know, honestly. Or even what 'mention home country address' means - generally one provides addresses one has lived at and current address.

Would at minimum suggest: provide Canadian mailing address. You might also want to include letter of explanation eg applying outland even though phsyically in Canada now as she will need to travel.

Good luck.

LetsLearn1991

Nov 16, 2021
Don't know, honestly. Or even what 'mention home country address' means - generally one provides addresses one has lived at and current address.

Would at minimum suggest: provide Canadian mailing address. You might also want to include letter of explanation eg applying outland even though phsyically in Canada now as she will need to travel.

Good luck.
By home country, I mean when filling the applicant's details, can I provide her India address instead of Canadian address? I can provide Canadian address in the sponsor application.

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
Hello,

I sponsored my husband Outland while he was living in Canada. At the time he was here on an IEC visa that was due to expire about two weeks after we sent in the application. Once his visa expired we both went to visit his family in New Zealand and I stayed for a month and left him behind. He remained in New Zealand until the file was completed.

We put down his Canadian address in the initial application and once he was back in New Zealand he updated them with his New Zealand address. We did not have any issues at all with the application being returned. Just make sure you fill out the proper class you’re applying for and sending to the proper address.

Keep in mind that whatever address they have on file, that is the address they will use to send the instructions for her PPR. Those instructions will apply to the visa office that is closest to the address they have on file. We had a hiccup there because for some reason they never received my husband’s webform requesting a change to his New Zealand address so his original PPR had instructions to send to Ottawa, which NZ applicants living outside Canada can’t send to. We had to email the Ottawa office to request a new PPR with instructions to send to Auckland.

If your partner is spending most of the application process in Canada as Outland, you’ll likely want to use her Canadian address. Hope this helps!

Reactions: LetsLearn1991

LetsLearn1991

Nov 16, 2021
Hello,

I sponsored my husband Outland while he was living in Canada. At the time he was here on an IEC visa that was due to expire about two weeks after we sent in the application. Once his visa expired we both went to visit his family in New Zealand and I stayed for a month and left him behind. He remained in New Zealand until the file was completed.

We put down his Canadian address in the initial application and once he was back in New Zealand he updated them with his New Zealand address. We did not have any issues at all with the application being returned. Just make sure you fill out the proper class you’re applying for and sending to the proper address.

Keep in mind that whatever address they have on file, that is the address they will use to send the instructions for her PPR. Those instructions will apply to the visa office that is closest to the address they have on file. We had a hiccup there because for some reason they never received my husband’s webform requesting a change to his New Zealand address so his original PPR had instructions to send to Ottawa, which NZ applicants living outside Canada can’t send to. We had to email the Ottawa office to request a new PPR with instructions to send to Auckland.

If your partner is spending most of the application process in Canada as Outland, you’ll likely want to use her Canadian address. Hope this helps!
Thanks a lot