06-07-2011
Med's Request
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
15-07-2012
LANDED..........
21-05-2013
Quick doubt my friends,

Is it possible to apply outland (in my case, Sao Paulo office) and stay in Canada?
I´m really considering sending all the paperwork through mail to the office in Sao Paulo since the processing time for the first and second stage approval are the same as the first stage approval applying inland.
My concern is that I´m already living in Canada with my spouse (it´s a Family Class application). Can I send all the documents through mail and stay here? Will that be a problem?

I know that, if eventually they call me for an interview, I would have to return.

Thanks again!

manisha10

May 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-4-2011
AOR Received.
18-5-2011
File Transfer...
11-5-2011
Med's Done....
26-1-2011
Interview........
Waived :)
Passport Req..
6-6-2011 Passport rcvd at ND- 12-7-2011
VISA ISSUED...
16-8-2011
LANDED..........
20-9-2011
Yes, u can.. I ve done this.. But u mite ve to go back to ur country once the passport is requested..this is the case with new Delhi office..
weerth said:
Quick doubt my friends,

Is it possible to apply outland (in my case, Sao Paulo office) and stay in Canada?
I´m really considering sending all the paperwork through mail to the office in Sao Paulo since the processing time for the first and second stage approval are the same as the first stage approval applying inland.
My concern is that I´m already living in Canada with my spouse (it´s a Family Class application). Can I send all the documents through mail and stay here? Will that be a problem?

I know that, if eventually they call me for an interview, I would have to return.

Thanks again!

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
May 6, 2011 ( CSE EMAIL )
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2011 ( Received May 28 )
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
weerth said:
Quick doubt my friends,

Thanks again!
Yes you can.
As far as i understand, you can not appeal if you apply inland but you have a right to appleal if you apply outland and they deny the Visa.

All the best but check for processing times inland vs outland and the implications it has on your visa you currently hold.

weerth

Star Member
May 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2011
Med's Request
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
15-07-2012
LANDED..........
21-05-2013
Thanks my friends.

My Canadian visa/passport is valit until 2013, so I won´t have problems, right?

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
Yes my bf did the same. He applied Outland but remained in Canada the whole time. If you require an interview you would have to fly there for it but u have a multiple entry visa so no worries there. If you don't you can courier the passport when it's requested it is legal to do so.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
weerth said:
Yes. People apply outland while they are in Canada 'visiting' their spouse all the time.
Note you do not send the documents to Sao Paulo. For an outland application, you send everything to the CIC office in Mississauga, Ontario. They check the sponsor's part of the application, and if everything is OK, they send it to Sao Paulo.

weerth

Star Member
May 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2011
Med's Request
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
15-07-2012
LANDED..........
21-05-2013
canadianwoman said:
Yes. People apply outland while they are in Canada 'visiting' their spouse all the time.Note you do not send the documents to Sao Paulo. For an outland application, you send everything to the CIC office in Mississauga, Ontario. They check the sponsor's part of the application, and if everything is OK, they send it to Sao Paulo.
Oooooh, let me see if I got it. Even if I were in Brazil, I wouldn´t send all the paperwork to the canadian office in São Paulo. I would send it to Missisauga, right? Wow, that´s good news then!

Thanks!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009

ccbrasil

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Med's Done....
07-09-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-22-2012
LANDED..........
04-13-2012
weerth said:
Quick doubt my friends,

Thanks again!
So did you end up applying inland or outland?

Just curious since I am sponsoring my husband outland, but he is here with me. Would like to compare timelines!!!

kbaqua

Jan 16, 2012
Hi everyone same type of question,

I want to apply outland but will be in Canada with my husband on a temp work visa. Do I still send all my application to Ontario and put as my current country of residence our Canadian address? Or for outland applications does your current residence address have to be outside of Canada?

I'm a UK citizen by the way

Thanks!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
kbaqua said:
Hi everyone same type of question,

I want to apply outland but will be in Canada with my husband on a temp work visa. Do I still send all my application to Ontario and put as my current country of residence our Canadian address? Or for outland applications does your current residence address have to be outside of Canada?

I'm a UK citizen by the way

Thanks!
Yes, use the Canadian address as your residential address, so all correspondence can be sent there, since it's where you'll be.

RedSox502

Star Member
Aug 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
01-09-2011
The terms "outland" confuses many (including myself at first).

From what I understand, this term does not have anything to do with the physical location of the applicant.

It only refers to the visa office that your application will be processed at (outland applicants send their application to Mississauga ON who will in turn send it to your choice of outland office if I am not mistaken).

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
That's right.

filipina311

Apr 3, 2013
Hi! Im thinking of applying outland for my pr card but my tourist visa for canada is only single entry. Is inland my best option in our case? Ive read that inland applications takes longer time. In the Philippines, in less than a year, immigrant visas are approved.

Help please. Thanks