+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying online for temporary work permit

rezasorna

Star Member
May 21, 2013
Hi all,
I just applied online for temporary work permit. Anybody knows where online applications are processed. Is it the same place as the paper based application from your country of residence getting processed or they assign online applications to various centres?
My application has to go to London office if it was paper based.

And has anyone applied online before? Is it faster than regular paper based applications?

Thanks a lot.
Reza

TURPENTINE

May 21, 2013
Hi Reza, I called the CIC helpline and thay say that online applications take up to 39 days as opposed to 79 days if you mail a paper version. I'm sorry i don't know where the online applications are processed but i would guess the same place - ie Vegreville Alberta.

I have a question though - i am trying to complete my application online but there is only room for 9 years as opposed to the 10 years work experience that they ask for. In the paper version you just add another page - does anyone know what you do online? This is just the kind of red tape that can trip you up and put you back at square one! :eek:

Thanks.

rezasorna

Star Member
May 21, 2013
TURPENTINE said:
Hi Reza, I called the CIC helpline and thay say that online applications take up to 39 days as opposed to 79 days if you mail a paper version. I'm sorry i don't know where the online applications are processed but i would guess the same place - ie Vegreville Alberta.

I have a question though - i am trying to complete my application online but there is only room for 9 years as opposed to the 10 years work experience that they ask for. In the paper version you just add another page - does anyone know what you do online? This is just the kind of red tape that can trip you up and put you back at square one! :eek:

Thanks.
They did not provide enough space, so it is their responsibility. But they also ask for your CV, so probably if you cannot find enough space in the form, they can see the rest of stuff in your CV.

I think you applied from inside Canada. I apply from Sweden, so my application will go to London (if paper-based). I hope they send online applications somewhere else, because in London the current processing time for both online an offline applications is 8-10 weeks.