+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying online for extending my parents visitor visa

sahar_1981

Mar 14, 2018
Good Day,

my parents have multiple entry visa for Canada and they are in Canada currently ,
I need to extend their visa but when I try Apply Online in CIC site , after checking eligibility it starts the same application for requesting new Visitor visa.
1.just wondering if I am in right way or not ?
2.is there any need to do biometric again for extending visa and if yes where it can be done in Canada (for example Vancouver)?

your help would much appreciated!
Sahar

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
my parents have multiple entry visa for Canada and they are in Canada currently ,
I need to extend their visa but when I try Apply Online in CIC site , after checking eligibility it starts the same application for requesting new Visitor visa.
1.just wondering if I am in right way or not ?
They would be applying to extend their visitor status, not their visa per se.

Do check if you are selecting the 'Country of residence' option correctly. It should be Canada

2.is there any need to do biometric again for extending visa and if yes where it can be done in Canada (for example Vancouver)?
No, they don't need to give biometrics again. That said, they would need to do medicals (when they get the request)

sahar_1981

Mar 14, 2018
They would be applying to extend their visitor status, not their visa per se.

Do check if you are selecting the 'Country of residence' option correctly. It should be Canada

No, they don't need to give biometrics again. That said, they would need to do medicals (when they get the request)

Thanks a lot for your help ! yes ..I checked the 'Country of residence' option incorrect ... now everything looks fine... much appreciated!