+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying online but not enough space in the form

Aug 10, 2015
Hi guys,

I'm applying for a visitor visa. In form IM5257E "Employment" section, there are three space but my activities/jobs in the past ten years are more than three. I read that if applying on paper then I could print an extra page and fill it in but I'm hoping to apply online. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Losangeles101

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Hi guys,

I'm applying for a visitor visa. In form IM5257E "Employment" section, there are three space but my activities/jobs in the past ten years are more than three. I read that if applying on paper then I could print an extra page and fill it in but I'm hoping to apply online. Has anyone had any experience with this?
You can merge documents. I downloaded a software PDFMate for that but there are websites online offering same... Maybe you can try that.

anuragsood

Jan 5, 2017
Attach a list with the details in the letter of explanation section.. I would suggest not to edit the IMM5257 form using PDF merge softwares since there is a barcode that is generated at the end once you validate the form..

Losangeles101

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Attach a list with the details in the letter of explanation section.. I would suggest not to edit the IMM5257 form using PDF merge softwares since there is a barcode that is generated at the end once you validate the form..
Yh I believe you can attach it to the letter of explanation the explain that you attached a surplus form 5257 E

Alamshk9

Star Member
Mar 28, 2019
So if i am getting it correctly I will take a blank A4 paper, mention the form number at the top(IMM 5707E in my case) then TYPE question number and answer, print, then attach it to my SOP/study plan. Right?

Last edited:

hopefuldreams

Jun 17, 2019
So if i am getting it correctly I will take a blank A4 paper, mention the form number at the top(IMM 5707E in my case) then TYPE question number and answer, print, then attach it to my SOP/study plan. Right?
Hi,
I wrote an explanation letter to explain this issue and typed the form/question numbers to add the extra information. It worked well for me. I applied online.