+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APPLYING MY SISTER AS TOURIST FOR THE PURPOSE OF TAKING CARE OF OUR CHILDREN.

mindslife

Mar 23, 2009
Here is the scenario:

I can't sponsor my sister for now because I just arrived in Canada last year and I've got my job here for 5months. My wife is in here is in her EI. And as I learned, I can't directly sponsor my siblings via Family Class because I am married here and they are not below 21 years of age.

So, my wife and I are planning if my sister could come here as Tourist, for the reason that she will take care of our children for the meantime, while my wife is going to school for six months. My sister is a graduate of Nursing.

Do you think are we or my sister allowed for that purpose?

Basically, what are the requirements things what should we know regarding visiting of siblings here in Canada?

Thanks.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apply a tourist visa is for temporary. In the long run, perhaps you can consider her coming as a caregiver for taking care of your children. For more information on caregiver, you either check the foreign workers section in this forum or the website www.cic.gc.ca

mindslife

Mar 23, 2009
Yah, that will be our next plan if we can support her and if she will finished her caregiving certificate soon.

My question is, will she be able to come here for the meantime as tourist?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
well, she need a invitation letter from you stating you would cover all her expenses and living needs. Then she would need to bring the relevant materials to satisfy the visa officer whether she would be returning. Like other posters said there are no guarantees that a visa visitor can be issue.

mindslife

Mar 23, 2009
Thank you very much!

I will post follow-up questions soon.

Let me express my sincere gratitude for your website. It helped me a lot even before I was applying here in Canada.

May you help more and more people regarding all the issues in applying here in Canada.

God bless and keep up the good works!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are welcome. Your sister can also consider to immigrate under the Skilled Worker Class (since she is a Nursing graduate) if she qualify, she may get extra points for adaptability for having a relative in Canada.

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
If your sister applies for a tourist visa with the purpose of taking care of your children, the visa will be denied. A tourist visa is for tourists, not people who work or want to work.

slam324

Jul 2, 2010
it is really rediculous the immigration canada let money above Humanity. When you are rich, you can let anyone come over. But if you are not rich, the only chance is if the visa officer is in a good emotion. Shouldn't Canada is the only country in the world fighting for the human rights? where is that country used be?

I have been heard so many time that people says don't tell immigration officer the purpose is come over and taking care of your child, it will be refused mostly. Now we should hide those information to the goverment so the officer won't refuse application. What a JOKE? Shouldn't we say all the truth to the government? I don't get it. Why they think a relative such as mother, sister come to canada to give a hand of their relative on a new baby is not better than a baby-sitter? They only consider a job opptunity for the local people but not the real human feeling and connection.

I guess all they want is just money! When everything comes with money, it no longer matter about your love, human rights any more.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Very interesting, but Canada is not working alone in human rights.

Sep 10, 2019
Good morning,

I am in the same situation as yours. I have a 2 year old boy and I am currently 7 months pregnant and I will be applying for maternity leave in 2 months while my husband is working as Licensed Practical Nurse.
I can't afford to have nanny at this time but my sister is willing to come over to look after my child only for span of time.
I tried to apply for tourist visa last year but it was denied after stating that my sister is here for visit and wanted to tour around Canada. Now I wanted to apply her again for tourist visa but I really don't know what reason is the best for her to get approve.
If you have any suggestions please let me know, i really need a help.

Thank you so much!

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Good morning,

I am in the same situation as yours. I have a 2 year old boy and I am currently 7 months pregnant and I will be applying for maternity leave in 2 months while my husband is working as Licensed Practical Nurse.
I can't afford to have nanny at this time but my sister is willing to come over to look after my child only for span of time.
I tried to apply for tourist visa last year but it was denied after stating that my sister is here for visit and wanted to tour around Canada. Now I wanted to apply her again for tourist visa but I really don't know what reason is the best for her to get approve.
If you have any suggestions please let me know, i really need a help.

Thank you so much!
Taking care of , or assisting in the care of your children is still considered illegal work