Doc's Request.
No additional documents request since AOR
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
Hello. My mom's SuperVisa application got approved today (submitted in Dec 2022). Since she has a US green card she wasn't asked to provide her passport for visa stamp, but was rather provided a letter to give the boarder officer upon her entry.
I have a question though. The letter says Validity is 5 years from now, however I was under the impression that super visa is granted for 5 years at a time, but for max 10 years period. Isn't it the case anymore? I also found the 10 year information on this link - The super visa is a multi-entry visa that provides multiple entries for a period up to 10 years. The key difference is that the super visa allows an individual to stay for up to 5 years at a time in Canada, while a 10-year multiple entry visa would only have a status period for each entry of six months only. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=426&top=16
Also another question, if for example she enters Canada not now but say in one year, will the visa's remaining length be 4 years only? Or it's automatically 5 year after each of her entries withing next 10 years?

Please kindly advise if you know, as we are quite confused (