+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying from Singapore

proceso

May 1, 2020
Do you think it's a good idea to raise a webform ?

i'm in a funny situation.

I"m on Employment pass visa in singapore. so I have to work full time to keep my visa status and I don't wanna go back to my home country as i'm not sure if i'll get access to a proper internet connection + situation is getting bad there so probably i'll not be able to get a flight to travel to canada.

so i'm working full time from 9.30 am to 6.30 pm and then lectures starts at 9 pm till 3 am. exhausing

so I would really like to know about the fill decision on canadian visa so that i can resign from my current work and focus on my studies :|

Last edited:

soniclife

Star Member
Aug 12, 2020
yes.. i had the same situation I resigned hoping the visa would be approved by then. luckily it did.
anyone know how we can send passports for stamping.. will grab delivery or something do.. can we go directly and drop off.. I tried calling vfs .. not answering

proceso

May 1, 2020
yes.. i had the same situation I resigned hoping the visa would be approved by then. luckily it did.
anyone know how we can send passports for stamping.. will grab delivery or something do.. can we go directly and drop off.. I tried calling vfs .. not answering
Last time when i went to VFS for biometrics, they game a list of instructions on how to send them the passport when i receive the PPR.

Instructions include that I have to deposit money (return courier fee) to an account, so that they will courier it back once stamped

Hunyo Dyes

May 20, 2019
Reactions: soniclife
Nov 20, 2020
It took only 5 days.. sent it to VAC last monday and received yesterday.
I’m so confused to why everyone received a passport request for stamping. I applied may 7th (I included extensive scanned copies of my current passport and expired passport), biometrics and medical completed in July, passed the preliminary eligibility process on August 12th, DLI approved on Oct 20th and I received my study permit approval and was issued an ETA in my correspondence letter (introduction letter for port of entry). - Question is, am I the only one here that has an ETA and approval but no passport request? Not sure if something is wrong.

Nov 20, 2020
Applied — June 15th
Biometric letter - June 16th
Medical request letter - July 8th
Biometric appt - July 15th
Medical appt- July 16th
Eligibility around : 22/23 July
Medical passed - July 30th
In principle approval- Aug 1st
DLI added in list - Nov 17th
OPR and Correspondence - Nov 18
I’m so confused to why everyone received a passport request for stamping. I applied may 7th (I included extensive scanned copies of my current passport and expired passport), biometrics and medical completed in July, passed the preliminary eligibility process on August 12th, DLI approved on Oct 20th and I received my study permit approval and was issued an ETA in my correspondence letter (introduction letter for port of entry). - Question is, am I the only one here that has an ETA and approval but no passport request? Not sure if something is wrong.
Did you get issued an ETA with your correspondence letter?
Did you submit extensive scanned copies of your Singapore passport?

Nov 20, 2020
Last time when i went to VFS for biometrics, they game a list of instructions on how to send them the passport when i receive the PPR.

Instructions include that I have to deposit money (return courier fee) to an account, so that they will courier it back once stamped
Same! But I got approved and was issued an ETA in my correspondence letter. Did you get an ETA too? I didn’t receive any instructions on passport request from IRCC thou..

Nov 20, 2020
Nationality & passport: Singaporean/Singapore passport
Applied: May 7th (Included extensive scanned copies of my current passport & expired passport)
Biometrics: May 8th
Medical: July 14th
Preliminary stage approval: August 15th
DLI approved: Oct 20th
Correspondence letter/Study permit approval with issued Electronic Travel Authorisation: Nov 14th.

Anyone going through the same thing? Approved with ETA but no passport request?

Bazingaa05

Nov 15, 2020
Applied: May 7th (Included extensive scanned copies of my current passport & expired passport)
Correspondence letter/Study permit approval with issued Electronic Travel Authorisation: Nov 14th.

You might be a Visa exemot national; meaning u don't need a passport stamp. Knowing SG passport is the 2nd strongest passport in the world, i think u are exempt from it to travel to CA, like many European nationals, which is why they issued u only an ETA to travel. I might be wrong, do check the visa exemption.

artsan

Nov 9, 2020

Hey lislotteloise, for Singapore passports an ETA would suffice (from what I understand). If you already have the LOI (Letter of Intro), it should be safe to start planning your point-of-entry. Are you starting school in Jan 2021?

bpiya

Oct 24, 2020
Anybody got any new updates ?
Still no update. :(
I sent webform (before and after DLI was added in the list), but still no reply.
From my previous follow-ups, it usually takes 1-2weeks for them to respond. Unfortunately, I only received the same response "...we will inform you of the final decision closer to your course start date” . I wonder what would be the case now since Winter intake is already approaching.

proceso

May 1, 2020
Still no update. :(
I sent webform (before and after DLI was added in the list), but still no reply.
From my previous follow-ups, it usually takes 1-2weeks for them to respond. Unfortunately, I only received the same response "...we will inform you of the final decision closer to your course start date” . I wonder what would be the case now since Winter intake is already approaching.
mmm Mine is fall intake though :|

Taking the course online