+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

applying from INSIDE CANADA

GodBlessAll

May 3, 2009
Hi Everyone,

Does it quicken things up if I can apply for PR from inside Canada,

a) I have skill level A experience according to NOC
b) I have more than 67 points

I am on a student visa right now and this is my 5th month in Canada.

So can i apply for PR right now, and how much time it generally takes for you t recieve the PR in hand?

God Bless All...

babutv2000

Jan 29, 2009
So long as you are legally residing you can apply from within canada. Processing time under new regulations can be between 6 to 12 months. In the past processing times faster at buffalo office.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It does not necessarily make things faster under the new rules to apply from inside Canada but you don't just need 67 points, you also need to fit one of the 3 categories.

Category 1, you have at least 1 year experience in an occupation that is on the list of 38

Category 2, you have arranged employment (AEO)

Category 3, you have been working or studying in Canada for 12 months at the time you apply.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't actually have to have been in Canada 1 year to apply through Buffalo. You only need to have been admitted with at least a 1 year visa. People used to wonder about that on this board until one guy actually contacted Buffalo and asked about it.

However, you do need to meet one of the 3 categories so if you are applying through category 3, you do need to have been in Canada at least a year because of that.