+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying from Embassy of country of residence, NOT country of nationality

mihachris

May 5, 2016
Hello,

So I wanted to ask whether I could apply from the Embassy of the country of residence, not from country of my nationality.

I currently live in Albania, but I'm applying as a greek citizen. Both Embassies are dependent from the same Visa Office, which is in Rome, Italy. I want to do the online application. Would it be okay to deliver the documents they require on the Embassy of my country of residence (Albania) and not the Embassy of Greece?

Hope, I'm clear. Thank you in advance!

Retribution Seeker

Star Member
May 10, 2016
Visa Office......
Doha, Qatar.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2016
Med's Request
24-06-2016
Med's Done....
26-06-2016
Passport Req..
01-08-2016
If you're going to do the online application then you will not need to deliver any documents because you will be asked to upload the documents online on your CIC application.

mihachris

May 5, 2016
I think I saw people mentioning that they had to send some documents. If I do need to hand anything, could that be done in my country of residence?

Or if I did a paper application, would I have to go to the country of my nationality?
Keep in mind, both the country of residence and nationality belong under the same Visa Office.

Retribution Seeker

Star Member
May 10, 2016
Visa Office......
Doha, Qatar.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2016
Med's Request
24-06-2016
Med's Done....
26-06-2016
Passport Req..
01-08-2016
Documents should be handed to the Canadian Visa Office near you not embassy, that's all I know. If you're going to do online application you will upload your documents online, that's why it is called "online". I have applied online and I'm talking from experience, you will only go to the office to give Biometrics if needed.

mihachris

May 5, 2016
The Embassies accept study permit applications. It would be impractical to have to travel to another country just for a study permit application. Of course, they are processed at the Visa Office they are linked to.

So thanks, I know that about the online application. I was just wondering what happens in case you had to go in person.

Ahmad Shukran

Jun 7, 2016
Dear All,

It is possible to submit original documents like police clearance from other county than country of nationality. Because, consultancy that is working with me is submitting my application online and they told me to go only for Bio-Metric to Pakistan and I am now in Afghanistan and Visa office not work in Afghanistan. And Afghanistan police department not issued police certificate they send to embassies i need to collect that from embassy of Afghanistan in Pakistan. Can i get that and submit the original in a time i am going for Bio-Metric is it possible to submit documents on that time?

Thank you