+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying from a Different country rather than country of nationality

BDTIGER

Apr 29, 2013
Hello all,
I am just worried that I have applied from UK (Online) but I am originally from Bangladesh. Anyone got the visa same as my situation?? I have seen many rejection where they mention immigration status?? Please let me know :'(

KEM

Sep 11, 2006
no i m not but Visa officer has a BIG brain !!! You can pursue your studies in UK ... UK offers good Phd degrees ... even many canadians go UK for higher studies!!!!!! .... Once you have got degree from First world country Like UK then it is very hard to get visa of other 1st world country like Canada...

If I were visa Officer then I would have rejected to on the basis of that you will not return your home country after your study complte... it is clearly shown that your intention is not for study even you have got the admission in the Phd program!!!! ...

every year thousands of student are applied for visa!!!

BDTIGER

Apr 29, 2013
:) Do you live in Canada?? and what do you study??

KEM said:
no i m not but Visa officer has a BIG brain !!! You can pursue your studies in UK ... UK offers good Phd degrees ... even many canadians go UK for higher studies!!!!!! .... Once you have got degree from First world country Like UK then it is very hard to get visa of other 1st world country like Canada...

If I were visa Officer then I would have rejected to on the basis of that you will not return your home country after your study complte... it is clearly shown that your intention is not for study even you have got the admission in the Phd program!!!! ...

echelon99

Jun 5, 2012
Colombo, Sri-Lanka
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 overall
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Med's Request
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
01-07-2013
Passport Req..
19-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2013
BDTIGER, don't worry, I have heard/known quiet a few people who applied out of their country of nationality and were issued a study permit.

You just have to show more than sufficient funds, and explain what you are doing the your current country of resident. A well-written SOP can really help simplify your case.

Of course, I'll know better once my own decision comes through as I'm not applying from my country of citizenship.

BDTIGER

Apr 29, 2013
Your message clearly shows that you may have a big brain but there is nothing in that brain :p Doesn't matter how bad is one's profile you should not just say you will get refused. You may need to learn how to communicate first before you go to Canada and stop giving advice to other peoples as you don't have any quality to do so and also do you know how PHD system works?? If you knew you wouldn't ask me those things :D

KEM said: