+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for work permit at New York VAC

WPfromUSA

Jun 14, 2015
Hey all,

I'm in process of applying for work permit. My country of citizenship is India and currently I live in USA with F1 visa status. Can anyone share their experiences with work permit application at NY and indicate the processing time from start of application till they received it and visa. It would be cool if some of us who are in the process can stay in touch.

moutaouakilhamid

May 25, 2015
WPfromUSA said:
Hey all,

I'm in process of applying for work permit. My country of citizenship is India and currently I live in USA with F1 visa status. Can anyone share their experiences with work permit application at NY and indicate the processing time from start of application till they received it and visa. It would be cool if some of us who are in the process can stay in touch.

mahirani

Apr 5, 2015
Yes I applied on 26 May e-application for WP along with my spouse, My application status is "OPEN" It seems like process from USA would take from 2 to 3 months. Please refer below link and scroll to the end to see the time line for one guy who finally got the visa issued.... lets keep in touch

Look for discussion board "where-to-submit-passport-la-or-ny-for-work-permit"

WPfromUSA

Jun 14, 2015
Did you submit documents on your own or you took help from any visa consultant to do it for you. I think if we follow instructions with required document list it should be fine. Can you tell me if you have taken medical exam before applying or r u waiting for them to let you know if they want it. Thanks!!

mahirani

Apr 5, 2015
Yes I did it on my own, no consultant - I have also done upfront medical to avoid delays. Let me know if you need any help... Good Luck

perfectmisfit

Jun 11, 2015
Thanks Mahirani, I applied in person on June 9th.I also submitted my passports along with the application.Will keep you posted if I hear something..

mahirani

Apr 5, 2015
Hello friends!!

I have couple question
- what is the difference between e-application vs application sent via MYCIC account
- Is there any way to send a case status enquiry by using some link or via some email to find an update on our case

appreciate your response

perfectmisfit

Jun 11, 2015
Hi Mahirani,

Any updates on your case. As far as I know, there are two ways of applying, either online or sending paper application by courier or in person. In either case you should get a tracking id suing which you can track your application.
Have you heard any updates on your case.

Thanks!

gvnspavan1979

Jul 7, 2015
congrats perfectmisfit,

i've applied for WP online on May 20th for my wife & kid and i haven't received any updates from CIC for my wife & kid. however, my sons study permit got approved a month back. fingers crossed and waiting for the approval on our cases. My WP is ICT and i havent submitted any medicals as they are not needed for people applying from US.

On Newyork Facebook page it is saying that they are processing June applications, but i havent received any update from them.