+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Wellfare

George84

Aug 20, 2019
Hi
I have been in Ontario, Canada for a year and already submitted spouse sponsorship application. I'm planning to apply for welfare once my family(wife and a child) get a visa. I'm not doing well financially especially after COVID 19 crisis and without getting welfare would be too hard on us as a family. Any ideas for available supporting programs.
Thanks so much

George84

Aug 20, 2019
You cannot accept welfare for three years you signed that agreement on the sponsorship
In case there is no enough money to support them especially during these difficult times, can I break the agreement? what is the alternative ? what will happen if I break it? I heard that I have t payback to the government later

bian07

May 19, 2017
Considering you have to show that you are financially able to support them especially when there is a child included, the sponsorship might not even be approved. But I'm really not a 100% sure about it.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
In case there is no enough money to support them especially during these difficult times, can I break the agreement? what is the alternative ? what will happen if I break it? I heard that I have t payback to the government later
You can’t break the agreement. The government will recover any money’s paid out.
Sensibly, if you can’t support your family, the alternative would be to delay sponsorship until you can.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can break the agreement. However any money you receive will have to be repaid to the government later.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you know you will need welfare to survive there is likely to be questions about your ability to support your family. Are you working? Do you qualify for welfare even though you’ll need to pay it back? Both you and your wife can both look for jobs and do multiple jobs if she arrives. Welfare is a small amount. You are better off both working and looking for extra jobs. Many families are both working opposite shifts or working multiple jobs to increase their income and minimize childcare expenses.