+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Visitor Visa

SheenaK

Mar 25, 2018
Hi,
I am planning to apply for a visitor visa in the coming months of May - June. I have a real brother, who is a permanent resident of Canada and who would be sending me an invitation letter to support my visa application. I am 27, single and working as a full time employee. I would like to ask -
1. What are the chances for my visa acceptance rate?
2. How can I make my visa application case from strong?
3. For how long duration would I get a visa (my passport is valid till 2026)?
4. This would be my first international trip. Is it a loophole in my application?
5. I can manage to show a 3-week leave approval letter from my employer. Would that be sufficient to prove my intent to return?

Please suggest!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi,
I am planning to apply for a visitor visa in the coming months of May - June. I have a real brother, who is a permanent resident of Canada and who would be sending me an invitation letter to support my visa application. I am 27, single and working as a full time employee. I would like to ask -
1. What are the chances for my visa acceptance rate?
2. How can I make my visa application case from strong?
3. For how long duration would I get a visa (my passport is valid till 2026)?
4. This would be my first international trip. Is it a loophole in my application?
5. I can manage to show a 3-week leave approval letter from my employer. Would that be sufficient to prove my intent to return?

Please suggest!
1. No more than 50% because you do not have any travel history, especially to other developed countries requiring a visa.
2. Show as many economic ties to your home country as you can. You could also show your brother's finances and proof of status in Canada, but those are only secondary to your own.
3. That's up to the officer, but everyone is considered for a multiple-entry until the passport's expiry.
4. Yes definitely because for all they know you could overstay in Canada once you leave your home country.
5. No, it's only one factor. Your job and funds are more important.

Reactions: SheenaK

SheenaK

Mar 25, 2018
1. No more than 50% because you do not have any travel history, especially to other developed countries requiring a visa.
2. Show as many economic ties to your home country as you can. You could also show your brother's finances and proof of status in Canada, but those are only secondary to your own.
3. That's up to the officer, but everyone is considered for a multiple-entry until the passport's expiry.
4. Yes definitely because for all they know you could overstay in Canada once you leave your home country.
5. No, it's only one factor. Your job and funds are more important.

Hey.. Thnx for the reply. Could you please explain a little bit more in detail, what exactly do I need to show by job and funds?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hey.. Thnx for the reply. Could you please explain a little bit more in detail, what exactly do I need to show by job and funds?
That you have a good, stable full time job where you have been employed for many years and plenty of money. Certificate of employment and bank statements.

lmk

Mar 23, 2018
Sheenak ur chances are very less as u r just 27 Obviously u would not have that much amount of fund to convince VO