+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for visitor visa when you have already applied for PR - spousal

Bearcheese

Oct 8, 2013
Hi guys, this April I applied for spousal sponsorship to get my wife PR status. I have been approved as a sponsor already but my wife's immigration application is still in progress. However, we want to visit this winter for Christmas/New Years and because my friends child is going to be born.

My question is about applying for my wifes visitor visa while the PR application is in progress. Is it possible to apply? Will there be any issues later on? especially considering that on the PR appliction we wrote that weve never applied for visitor visas and shes never been to canada. Do we need to notify someone?

Thanks for your help

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Bearcheese said:
My question is about applying for my wifes visitor visa while the PR application is in progress. Is it possible to apply? Will there be any issues later on? especially considering that on the PR appliction we wrote that weve never applied for visitor visas and shes never been to canada. Do we need to notify someone?
Nothing stops you from applying.

It would be difficult to get approval as you have made it clear your intention is to come and live in Canada. TRVs are only for visitors.

Notify? I don't get it.

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
Having two intents – one for temporary residence and one for permanent residence – is legitimate. so if the application is compliance with the requirements of a TRV then forsure your wife may get her TRV (visitor visa) approved and it will have no effect on her PR application. and there will be no need to notify cic about the visa approval. At the time of per PR application she stated/wrote a true statement that she never applied for visitor visa before and shes never been to canada.... so any travels or visa applications made at later dates (after the Pr application submission date) cannot be consider as a mis-presentation or have any negative effect on the application.

there are lots of people out here who made an out-land spouse sponsorship application and later came to canada on a visit visa(trv) while their PR application is under process. The only important thing is that a TRV application is approved on the merits of its own kind which are that the applicant must demonstrate:-
a) will leave Canada at the end of their period of authorized stay
b)obligations and ties in the home country (job/family etc)
c) well established and having sufficient funds/means of support
d) the length of time the applicant will be spending in Canada
......etc etc etc...
So in short if your wife meets the TRV requirements she can get her trv approved.

i hope it helps