+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for visitor visa to US

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I'm from India and will soon be landing in Canada. Now, I wanted to visit some relatives and friends in US on couple of weekends. I understand that PR doesn't give me any exceptions and I will have to get a Non-Immigration Visa to US.

I wanted to know your view if it is better to reach Canada and apply for US visa or should I do that while I am in India itself? What can be the pros and cons and does any place give me a better probability to getting the visit visa?

Thanks.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
blueboy said:
Hi Guys,

I'm from India and will soon be landing in Canada. Now, I wanted to visit some relatives and friends in US on couple of weekends. I understand that PR doesn't give me any exceptions and I will have to get a Non-Immigration Visa to US.

I wanted to know your view if it is better to reach Canada and apply for US visa or should I do that while I am in India itself? What can be the pros and cons and does any place give me a better probability to getting the visit visa?

Thanks.
If you can prove you still have ties to India then it would be better to apply from India. There had been cases where newly landed PRs in Canada had tried to apply for visit visa got denied because they applied "too soon". Establish "roots" in Canada then apply for the US visit visa.