+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Visitor Visa for Parents on Open Work Permit

TechieGeek

Star Member
Dec 17, 2018
Hello All,

Me and my wife are in Canada. My wife want's to apply for visit visa for her parents, as she is pregnant and want her parents to be with her on this special occasion. Situation is my wife has accompanied me as I am on Student Permit and she got the Open Work Permit on behalf of my application. Now If have to apply for her parents what documents we need show? How much statement do we need to show(Father, mother and dependent sister).

My wife is currently doing a job in a company which is paying quite good to sponsor her parents.

Can someone please tell me in detail.

Thank you in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
There is no such thing as sponsoring parents for a TRV. Parents and dependant sibling (under 22) apply for visitor visa showing strong ties to country, funds for their visit, travel history etc. Liquid funds depend on length of visit but parents show their bank statements, payslips etc. They show proof of vaccination too. Your wife can write a letter of invitation.

TechieGeek

Star Member
Dec 17, 2018
There is no such thing as sponsoring parents for a TRV. Parents and dependant sibling (under 22) apply for visitor visa showing strong ties to country, funds for their visit, travel history etc. Liquid funds depend on length of visit but parents show their bank statements, payslips etc. They show proof of vaccination too. Your wife can write a letter of invitation.
Oh thanks for the clarification. Can you guide me for the paper works that would be require from her parents to apply for visit visa?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Oh thanks for the clarification. Can you guide me for the paper works that would be require from her parents to apply for visit visa?
Proof of their ties (employment, home ownership or lease, etc.), statements providing proof of their savings, etc. Any other proof that they will return home. You and your wife can provide proof of your own savings as additional funds. The fact that her sister also wants to come to Canada complicates things. How old is the sister? Is she in school?

TechieGeek

Star Member
Dec 17, 2018
Proof of their ties (employment, home ownership or lease, etc.), statements providing proof of their savings, etc. Any other proof that they will return home. You and your wife can provide proof of your own savings as additional funds. The fact that her sister also wants to come to Canada complicates things. How old is the sister? Is she in school?
I completely understand the requirements, thanks for the info. About her sister, she is not mentally stable, and is completely dependent on her parents, that's why we have to apply for her. We can show the proofs of her illness and her dependence on her parents. Apart from this, my wife has one younger brother too, who is studying in his homeland, and he is relatively not an adult, that could be the perfect reason for the home ties. Plus they have properties in their homeland too.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I completely understand the requirements, thanks for the info. About her sister, she is not mentally stable, and is completely dependent on her parents, that's why we have to apply for her. We can show the proofs of her illness and her dependence on her parents. Apart from this, my wife has one younger brother too, who is studying in his homeland, and he is relatively not an adult, that could be the perfect reason for the home ties. Plus they have properties in their homeland too.
How old is her sister? If she is over 22, she applies separately from her parents. She needs to show her own funds and ties. Assume younger brother is in high school since that would be a tie.

TechieGeek

Star Member
Dec 17, 2018
How old is her sister? If she is over 22, she applies separately from her parents. She needs to show her own funds and ties. Assume younger brother is in high school since that would be a tie.
She is 24 but she is dependent on her parents due to her mental health, and I have read somewhere that if someone who is not mentally healthy, he/she can apply as a dependent. That's why we are applying for her as well. We just have to proof it, which we can, as she always require medical attention in every month or two. For my wife's brother, yes he is in high school, currently started bachelors.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
She is 24 but she is dependent on her parents due to her mental health, and I have read somewhere that if someone who is not mentally healthy, he/she can apply as a dependent. That's why we are applying for her as well. We just have to proof it, which we can, as she always require medical attention in every month or two. For my wife's brother, yes he is in high school, currently started bachelors.
So assume her sister is not working/studying and living at home. You will need proof of financial dependence and medical records proving her inability to work, study etc.