+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Visitor visa for my wife in Morocco

jkkhan82

Nov 15, 2023
Hi everyone, my first post. I got married recently and I am inviting my wife to come to Morocco.

I am working in Canada and currently on a PGWP

I have applied for her TRV visa so she can join me soon

Does anybody know how many days is the processing time?

Her Application number starts with V40.

Will it be approximately 30 to 45 days or 4 months

Thanking you all

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone, my first post. I got married recently and I am inviting my wife to come to Morocco.

I am working in Canada and currently on a PGWP

I have applied for her TRV visa so she can join me soon

Does anybody know how many days is the processing time?

Her Application number starts with V40.

Will it be approximately 30 to 45 days or 4 months

Thanking you all
Estimate is around 200 days: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes it shows 200 Days but under reunification law, they are bound to process TRV for spouses in 30 to 45 days did anybody experience quick TRV approval
This is for situations where a Canadian PR or Canadian citizen has sponsored their foreign spouse or partner for PR. This doesn't apply to your situation.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Yes it shows 200 Days but under reunification law, they are bound to process TRV for spouses in 30 to 45 days did anybody experience quick TRV approval
You are a temporary foreign worker in Canada, the reunification doesn't apply to you.

jkkhan82

Nov 15, 2023
You are a temporary foreign worker in Canada, the reunification doesn't apply to you.
I have the EP number for my Permanent residency and I mentioned in the Visitor Visa application. I believe Spousal TRVs are processed within 30-45 days if PR application is in process

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have the EP number for my Permanent residency and I mentioned in the Visitor Visa application. I believe Spousal TRVs are processed within 30-45 days if PR application is in process
No, that's incorrect. This processing time applies specifically to spousal sponsorship applications. It does not apply to other immigration program such as Express Entry.

jkkhan82

Nov 15, 2023
No, that's incorrect. This processing time applies specifically to spousal sponsorship applications. It does not apply to other immigration program such as Express Entry.
I added my spouse to my current non-express entry PR application. Before getting married I applied for my PR and after I informed IRCC and MPNP about marriage they asked me to send relevant documents which I did. I believe by adding spouse to my current application it is a spousal sponsorship unless there is something else to it

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I added my spouse to my current non-express entry PR application. Before getting married I applied for my PR and after I informed IRCC and MPNP about marriage they asked me to send relevant documents which I did. I believe by adding spouse to my current application it is a spousal sponsorship unless there is something else to it
It is not a spousal sponsorship application. It is an economic immigration application and you have just added your spouse to your application as a dependent.

A spousal sponsorship application is where a Canadian sponsors their spouse for PR.

Reactions: YVR123

jkkhan82

Nov 15, 2023
It is not a spousal sponsorship application. It is an economic immigration application and you have just added your spouse to your application as a dependent.

A spousal sponsorship application is where a Canadian sponsors their spouse for PR.
Canada is reuniting loved ones through new immigration measures New measures also address labour shortages in Canada - Canada.ca

Minister Fraser announced faster temporary resident visa (TRV) processing and more considerate application measures so that families can be together sooner while they wait for their permanent residence to be finalized. Going forward, most of these applications will be processed within 30 days, and applicants will benefit from processing measures specific to their circumstances as spouses and dependants. Many applications have already been processed using these new tools. Within this cohort of applicants, we have seen an approval rate of 93%.

What is this statement then ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Canada is reuniting loved ones through new immigration measures New measures also address labour shortages in Canada - Canada.ca

Minister Fraser announced faster temporary resident visa (TRV) processing and more considerate application measures so that families can be together sooner while they wait for their permanent residence to be finalized. Going forward, most of these applications will be processed within 30 days, and applicants will benefit from processing measures specific to their circumstances as spouses and dependants. Many applications have already been processed using these new tools. Within this cohort of applicants, we have seen an approval rate of 93%.

As already said, this is for family class applications. These are situations where a Canadian is sponsoring their spouse. Your application is not family class or spousal sponsorship. It's an economic immigration application.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

You are NOT sponsoring your wife. You are adding her to your PR application.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship.html
Sponsor your family members
Your relatives can live, study and work in Canada if they become permanent residents of Canada. You can sponsor certain relatives to come to Canada if you’re at least 18 years old and one of the following:
  • a Canadian citizen
  • a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act
  • a permanent resident of Canada

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

[/QUOT

Would suggest you withdraw your TRV claim and apply for an SOWP if your wife wants to live in Canada with you. If you have applied for PR with your wife as accompanying there will be concerns that your wife is not truly coming for a visit she is planning on living with your while waiting for your PR application to be processed. Spouses get denied TRVs if it appears as though the spouse wants to live in Canada. A SOWP doesn’t require a spouse to work. You can apply for a SOWP with no intention of working. You don’t want to wait potentially months and then get denied because you are applying for the wrong visa/permit. When does your WP expire?