+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for visitor visa for my sister

Anmolg

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
Hello everyone,
I need you suggestions, my sister is in Australia and her file got rejected For Australia Permanent residency. so she is planning to apply for visitor visa for Canada.
what reason would help her visitor visa to be accepted?

thanks in advance.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Well for a start IRCC needs to be convinced she will leave Canada so what is her status in Australia. If only temporary and that status due to expire then they will need convincing she will return to home country

Anmolg

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
Thank you for your reply. She is working full time there at a place 4 years. So she can add a job letter stating that she is full time worker in that company. She is putting a court appeal in Australia so she will have another year there. I am just worried about a solid reason for her to come in here.

Anmolg

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
Well for a start IRCC needs to be convinced she will leave Canada so what is her status in Australia. If only temporary and that status due to expire then they will need convincing she will return to home country
Please assist

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your reply. She is working full time there at a place 4 years. So she can add a job letter stating that she is full time worker in that company. She is putting a court appeal in Australia so she will have another year there. I am just worried about a solid reason for her to come in here.
What are her reasons for visiting Canada? Typically the best option is to be honest about your intentions.

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
Hello everyone,
I need you suggestions, my sister is in Australia and her file got rejected For Australia Permanent residency. so she is planning to apply for visitor visa for Canada.
what reason would help her visitor visa to be accepted?

thanks in advance.
Depends on the passport and original home country. What are her ties to Australia & home country? What is your situation here in Canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your sister doesn’t qualify to travel to Canada at the moment. Assume restrictions will last for quite a while. Not having permanent status to remain in Australia will make getting approval difficult. If she has strong ties like perhaps a spouse staying behind, property and longterm job that would increase her chances.

Anmolg

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
What are her reasons for visiting Canada? Typically the best option is to be honest about your intentions.
She wants to stay with me because is misses me. However i have three other sisters in australia, two of them has permanent status. One is studying.
nowadays, i am not sure if they are approving the visa or not. What will be the best reason that i can give them so they approve it

Anmolg

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
Your sister doesn’t qualify to travel to Canada at the moment. Assume restrictions will last for quite a while. Not having permanent status to remain in Australia will make getting approval difficult. If she has strong ties like perhaps a spouse staying behind, property and longterm job that would increase her chances.
She is working at a place from 4 years so thats long term. She earns money as well

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She is working at a place from 4 years so thats long term. She earns money as well
Earning money sometimes not enough. If she earn loads of money, then the ties could be considered strong.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
But she still is only a temporary resident in Australia with an appeal pending on her Australian PR refusal which could be refused at any time. Missing you is not a real resson for a visit to Canada and the fact she has applied for Australian PR which was refused can give the impression she is looking for an alternative country, Canada.

No reason why she cannot apply for a visit visa given nobody here can say one way or the other if might be approved or not but it may some time anyway before Canada allows her to travel even if it gets approved, maybe not even this year for travel to Canada the way the virus keeps evolving.

She should not though conceal any Australian refusals or any other country refusals in any dealing with Canada immigration as that could lead to a significant ban