+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

applying for visa with open work permit

Aminer

Nov 17, 2018
Hello,
I have an open work permit, issued recently, currently resided in Quebec. I want to apply for the visa of Canada as a work permit doesn't allow you to return to Canada. My previous visa which was a study visa has expired already. I filled the application for visa in "cic", and after answering some questions know I can upload the required documents.
The document that I have to fill is "Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa) Made Outside of Canada (IMM5257) (required)"
Do you think there is a problem here? I'm currently in Canada and working here, not visiting. I checked m answered and I had mentioned that I'm currently in Canada, but this is saying "Made outside of Canada"...?
Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,
I have an open work permit, issued recently, currently resided in Quebec. I want to apply for the visa of Canada as a work permit doesn't allow you to return to Canada. My previous visa which was a study visa has expired already. I filled the application for visa in "cic", and after answering some questions know I can upload the required documents.
The document that I have to fill is "Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa) Made Outside of Canada (IMM5257) (required)"
Do you think there is a problem here? I'm currently in Canada and working here, not visiting. I checked m answered and I had mentioned that I'm currently in Canada, but this is saying "Made outside of Canada"...?
Thanks
That is the correct form. There is no specific form for a TRV within Canada.