Abu Dhabi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2015
Hello folks,

My mother has 10 years visitor visa of canada. She came last year and went back to pakistan. Now i am planning to call her again but I want her to have a US visa too. My sister is US citizen and I am canadian citizen. I alongwith my family frequently visit my sister atleast once a month. This time i want my mother to accompany me as well. I was wondering what would be best procedure to apply for her, whether should I use all my documents i.e pay checks, bank statement etc or i should have my sister use it. Or else I can write simple explanation letter stating that she will be visiting my sister with me and will come back with me too. Please suggest the best option.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello folks,

My mother has 10 years visitor visa of canada. She came last year and went back to pakistan. Now i am planning to call her again but I want her to have a US visa too. My sister is US citizen and I am canadian citizen. I alongwith my family frequently visit my sister atleast once a month. This time i want my mother to accompany me as well. I was wondering what would be best procedure to apply for her, whether should I use all my documents i.e pay checks, bank statement etc or i should have my sister use it. Or else I can write simple explanation letter stating that she will be visiting my sister with me and will come back with me too. Please suggest the best option.
You should ask on a US immigration forum.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello folks,

Your mother should apply showing her own funds and ties to her home country, such as property ownership. The application is an assessment of her profile, not yours or your sister's. Your mother does not have residency status in Canada and is only allowed to visit. US officials will want to therefore see ties to her home country. Saying she will return to Canada isn't the way to go to create a strong application. Note that wait times for interviews are generally very long right now so suggest you submit the application as soon as possible.

Reactions: missedTheGCBus

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As already indicated most US embassies are booking interviews over a year from now so travel in the near future may not be possible. You can attempt to get a cancellation. Have seen other parents with children in both the US and Canada and want to alternate between remaining in the US and Canada. This would be viewed as attempting to live in both the US and Canada. Time in a person’s home country is important. In general I would avoid having fequent interaction with border agencies if visiting Canada. If there is any concern that you are trying to live in Canada you could be denied entry. If your mother has strong ties to Pakistan and is not trying to visit longterm then there aren’t likely to be issues but if she wants to visit for a longer period of time then I would be cautious.