+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for TRV

cesarnjody

Feb 22, 2011
Hi, i want to explain our situation: I am a Canadian Citizen and I moved to Mexico to be with my husband. I have been down here for nearly 2 years and married for a year. We now want to travel to Saskatchewan which is my home province, to visit as he has never been to this part of Canada. (he visited Qubec before the visa requirements were established in 2009) I also want him to meet the rest of my family who could not attend our wedding. We plan on going for 3 weeks. My question is, if he ends up liking Saskatchewan, and is willing to move there, can we apply for the PR while on the TRV? I read that because we are married, that he might not get approved for the visa and also because we are married, if he is approved, he can wait in limbo in Canada until his PR is approved. Tue or false?
We aren`t sure if we want to move to Canada yet, however, it is a possibility and want to make sure that if we are approved for the TRV, that he wont have to leave if he does decide to apply for his PR through spousal sponsorship.
Any info is appreciated!

Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Im not familiar with how long the Mexico visa office takes in process PR application but i know out-land is faster compare to in-land.
Basically, you can start filling out your PR application, gather all the necessary documents and proof, Pay either all the processing fee.

Once you have mail in your PR application then you can apply for TRV for your husband but sure to include you PR payment fee receipt, marriage certificate with other proof, that way your TRV will likely be issued and your husband can stay with you in Canada if he wish until the first stage and second stage is completed then he can finally become a PR.

If you wish to follow the inland route it longer about 11 to 12months before sponsor is approved, then he can be eligible to apply for work permit plus additional months for second stage of the process. He can always apply for extension for his TRV while waiting for the outcome of the PR Visa.

Hope this makes sense and if not someone else with better explanation can add more. Goodluck